Chapter 3

"Here, we go!" Serena put forward, as she got up to answer it. She already knew who it was. Her mother had started on the tea and treats. While her father pretended to read the newspaper glancing up every few minutes. She opened the door and there stood a man with ebony hair that fell into his face. His dreamy blue eyes peek out of the unlevel strands. He wore blue jeans and a button up dark green shirt. Serena smiled at him and he returned one back.

"Hello, Mr. Shields! Please, come in?!" Serena commented.

"Y-Thank you, Miss!" Darien uttered, restlessly.

Serena giggled nervously, as she offered him a seat in the living room. Then, she sat beside him. She witnessed Darien's fidgeting.

Mrs. Tsukino brought the tea and treats and sat them on the coffee table that was near the couple.

"Help yourself, I know Serena will!" Mrs. Tsukino exhibited, while she poured the tea.

"Thanks, mom!" Serena conveyed.

"Thank-You Mrs. and Mr. Tsukino for letting me come to your beautiful home." Darien commented, in a good manner.

"You're very welcome. I'm so glad we are finally meeting you!" Mrs. Tsukino implied and sighed.

"Are you feeling alright mom?" Serena

"Yes, I am. Serena, I know what true love is when I see it." Her mother continued. "So, Mr. Shields, how is our daughter doing with her studies?"

"Please, you can call me Darien. Serena is making B's and her weakest is math, but we're working on it." He relayed, smoothly.

"I'm pleased that she is doing much better!" Mrs. Tsukino replied with ease and then she pressed. "Did you hear that, Hun?"

This made Mr. Tsukino uncomfortable. He squirmed in his chair and made the newspaper raddled. Next, he put it down and had the reply of.

"Rain tomorrow." Mr. Tsukino turned and looked at Darien. "I just want to ask you one question!"

"Yes, Mr. Tsukino?" Darien asked.

"Is my daughter pregnant?"

Everyone gasped and Serena let out.

"Dad!"

"NO! No, Mr. Tsukino!" Darien affirmed, skittishly.

"Uh-Huh, I see. Isn't she a little young for you?" Serena's dad questioned.

"Please sir, just listen. Serena isn't pregnant. But I do love her so much!" Darien replied, and then continued with. "To me, it doesn't matter about the age as long as she loves me for me. Serena will always have my heart."

"Listen dad, I'm not pregnant. Yes, I love Darien very much!" Serena confessed.

In the spark of the moment, Darien took Serena's hand and bent down on one knee and said.

"Serena, you make me the happiest man in the world if you would...Serena Tsukino, will you be my wife?"

"Um... Darien, you already-" Serena whispered, only the couple could hear.

"Please, Serena?" Darien entreated, as he ignored her previous words.

"YES! Yes, Darien I will!" Serena exclaimed cheerfully and hugged him, then sneaked in a quick kiss.

"Yay! There's going to be a wedding!" Mrs. Tsukino imparted happily. She turned to Darien and added. "From now on, you can call me mom too!" With that Mrs. Tsukino headed back into the kitchen.

Darien nodded and looked at Mr. Tsukino, because he wasn't too thrilled about the whole deal. Then, her father spoke.

"Mr. Shields, from here out you are the one to take care of my little girl and do what is best for her. Don't! Well, there is another friend of mine you really don't want to meet! Trust me on that boy!"

"Yes, sir." Darien said seriously. As they shook on it Darien viewed the older man's eyes and noticed a bit of rage and sadness in them.

Mr. Tsukino looked at his blossoming daughter and spoke to her. "My dearest little girl, time has been a thief to us and now someone is stealing our Cinderella." He gave her a hug and in a soft tone, "I love you, my sweet princess!"

Soon after, Mr. Tsukino walked out of the room.

Serena went to the kitchen door and told her mom that they were meeting her other friends. To tell them the good news. Mrs. Tsukino nodded 'yes' and the couple went outside to Darien's car.

Once they were in the car, Darien requested.

"Hey Serena, where is the ring?"

Before he could complete his sentence. Darien watched her retrieve it from her purse. The same purse that she swiftly snatched back in her parent's house. Then, he placed it on the left hand of her ring finger.

"Boy, that was a close one! I thought dad was going to burst a blood vessel!" Serena revealed, relieved.

"It's not over, yet. I think he's still watching us!" Darien pointed out.

"Well, I have nothing to hide!" Serena admitted.

"Really? How many study sessions of ours turned into us making love on the kitchen table?"

"It started there, but we made it into the bedroom." Serena jested with a flirtatious tone.

"Serena, I don't think your parents need to know that!" Darien advised.

"Heck No! And they won't either!" Serena stated.

"Let's hope that they don't, because if so, I'm a dead man!"

Serena was in deep thought of what her dad had told her before they left. I know dad is sad for me leaving the nest, but he's not losing me, just gaining another family member. Maybe things will get better, when he thinks it through, and mom has time to sit down and talk to him.

"Serena, you do realize that sooner, or later we have to tell them about the true us?" Darien suggested, as he glanced at her, and back at the road. "About being King and Queen?!"

"Yes, Darien I know. I'm working on that. Kinda. We'll discuss it later, okay? We need to enjoy this day," Serena mentioned.

"Okay. Yeah, we'll figure something out." He contended, quietly.

Thereupon, the silence came between them.

'You know I really don't blame him for being sensitive,' thought Darien. Most likely I will be like that when our little girl is in the world and at that age.

Without even thinking, Darien reached his hand and placed it on Serena's tummy.

"Um... Darien, what are you doing?" Serena inquired, confused.

"Sorry Serena. I was thinking about Rini and our future." Darien quickly took his hand off her stomach, but she grasped his hand and held hands with hers.

"Darien it's normal for us to want a family right now. We saw the future and liked the outcome, but we must be patient. I miss her as much as you do! We cannot rewrite her history," Serena acknowledged.

"Very true, and I know we will see her someday." Darien said, ecstatic.

"For right now, let's just enjoy this less evil- scum life," Serena proclaimed.

"I agree!" Darien expressed.