Chapter 7

By and by, Serena's mom came in and seated herself in front of the couple.

"Hi, mom!" Serena and Darien both synchronized

"Hey, you two! Now, let's talk about this wedding."

"Mom, before you say anything else, we want just a plain, normal wedding." Serena stated, politely. Darien bobbed in agreement.

"Very well. Have you guys thought of hiring a wedding planner?" Serena's mom proffered.

"It's been faintly discussed. Why do you ask?" Darien exhorted.

"Well, because we will need all the help we can get!" Mrs. Tsukino suggested.

Out of nowhere, a ringing was heard in the background.

"Do you guys hear that?" Mrs. Tsukino inquired.

"What is it mom?" Serena questioned.

"It's a beeping sound!" Mrs. Tsukino attested, annoyed.

Serena and Darien knew what that noise was for. Even though they hadn't heard it for a while. It was a dreadful racket that they all couldn't forget. Serena reached him the communicator.

"Oh, that!" Darien imparted. "That's my beeper. Most likely it's the hospital." Darien pretended to look at it and exhibited.

"I need to see what this person needs. Be right back. I won't take long."

"Okay," Serena put forth.

"I didn't know he worked at the hospital?" Mrs. Tsukino quizzed.

"Yep." Serena replied, as she attempted to keep the conservation short.

'I need to think of a reason to leave without being suspicious. The scouts need my help!' Serena speculated, distressful.

"He's handsome, Serena! You two remind me of your dad and me when we were that young." Mrs. Tsukino instructed and sighed.

"That he is...Really?!" Serena conveyed in a weird tone.

Darien went outside near the alley and flipped up the communicator lid. There in the tiny mirror was Sailor Venus with a stunned expression.

"Darien?! What the hell? Where is Serena?"

"Calm down! Serena is with her mom discussing the wedding. Where is it?" Darien queried.

"Fine. It's just odd seeing you- Like this-Anyways, meets us at the Wiz. And HURRY!"

The screen went black and he closed the lid and went back inside.

"Don't know, mom. We have to see." Serena disclosed to her mom and posterior to spot Darien's expression.

"Everything okay?" Mrs. Tsukino asked.

"Yes. They called to notify me about my schedule. Patty couldn't reach me at home, so she tried my pager."

"That was nice of her."

"Yeah."

"OH! I just now remember! Mom, we need to go! Lita is having a difficult time with an assignment that she was telling me about yesterday. I mentioned I would bring Darien by to help." Serena implied, while she got up.

"Okay, sweetie. But why do you need to go if-" Mrs. Tsukino requested, baffled.

"Darien doesn't know the way." Serena explained, softly.

"I see. Just be careful!" Her mother contended, then she too left, but in the opposite direction.

By and by, they exited the Crown and with no one around, Serena interrogated Darien.