Chapter 5

'This place is amazing and beautiful, so many people! I wonder where Darien is?' Serena agonized.

Directly, she flinched when she heard a voice behind her.

"Hello, my princess!" Darien announced, as he reached out for her hand.

Serena admitted that he looked dreamier without the mask.

"Oh, Darien, you scared me! I absolutely love this dress! Thank-you, for getting it!" Serena replied, as she grabbed Darien's hand.

"You're welcome." Darien disclosed and asked, "May we?"

"Yes," she answered.

This wasn't like normal ballrooms. What made it different was the added concession stand. The couple headed to where the other girls were seated.

"Hi guys!" Serena spoke to them and they returned with.

"Hey."

"Alright Meatball head spill!" Raye demanded, as she tried to be patient. "We've been waiting here and wanting to know? Oh- by the way you owe Lita!"

"Yes, I know." Serena conveyed, as the girls scooted themselves closer to hear better on what she was going to say.

"Dad thought I was pregnant and I-We told them I wasn't. Everything went well."

"Except your dad's stern looks he gave me," Darien mentioned.

"Oh! Really?" Raye challenged.

"Yes, his eyes were stabbing me repeatedly. I really thought he was going to explode. Especially when I proposed to her." Darien put forth, assuaged.

"Wait, your dad thought you were pregnant and then Darien proposed?" Amy asked, befuddled.

"That would be correct," Serena maintained.

"Ballsy Darien! Didn't think you would actually do that!" Lita maintained, astounded.

"If he only knew that you stay at Darien's every night and has one of us to cover for you!" Raye enraged.

"Raye led up! You know when we fight evil it wears her out and Darien just takes her back to his place," Lita verbalized.

"Lita, thank you for covering me. I definitely owe you one! What happened?" Serena questioned.

"Here we go again! Serena always wants to know what words were spoken to save her ass, when her parents ask!" Raye spoke in a virulent tone.

"RAYE!!!" Lita retorted, horrid.

Lita glimpsed at Serena and vocalized.

"Your mom called looking for you. She also asked if we all were going to the life ball? I told her yes and you had to find a dress real fast, because you forgot. She only wished she was told, so she could take pictures. I told her it was a last-minute thing and Darien had a surprise for you. Next, your mom questioned if you were staying at my place and I said yes. She implored us all to be careful and have fun. She wanted me to tell you to meet her at the Crown at one p.m. tomorrow."

"Thank you again!" Serena proclaimed, in appreciation.

"You're very welcome."

They became silent after that. Serena was worried about Raye, she normally didn't act like this. Well, not this extreme.

"Hey Raye, is there something the matters?" Serena asked, distressed.

Raye didn't say anything for a good while and suddenly she left the table.

"Raye!?" Serena inquired, but it was too late.

"Chad left this morning and didn't tell her! She hasn't talked to him in days. Her grandpa said he needed some change of scenery." Mina cited, morosely