Chapter 2

Serena emitted an audible breath. This might be the last time she viewed her home.

'Here goes nothing!' Serena thought, as she slipped into the house and shut the door behind her.

Serena noticed that her mom's shoes were still here.

"Yes!" Serena verbalized, excitedly.

Then, out of nowhere her mom stood staring at her daughter with a puzzled expression. From the looks of Mrs. Tsukino's apron, she had been in the kitchen all day.

"Serena, dear, are you okay? I thought you were out with the girls?" Her mother asked.

"I was mom, but something came up." Serena stated.

"Oh? Like what? Is everything alright?" Mrs. Tsukino questioned.

"I need to tell you something. It's nothing bad. Just need a chit chat. Where's dad and Sammy?" Serena implored.

"Okay. Just head into the living room and I'll be in just a minute. Sammy went to a friend's house, and your father is still at work." Mrs. Tsukino called out from the cooking area.

Serena went into the living room and seated herself on the loveseat. Soon after, her mom was settled beside her daughter.

"Now, tell me what's on your mind?" Mrs. Tsukino inquired.

Serena took in a breath and let it out quickly. Next, she quizzed the following.

"Mom, do you remember Darien Shields?"

"Um...Yes, he is your and the girl's tutor?! Is there something wrong?" Mrs. Tsukino entreated.

"Well... Um...It's like...Uh..." Serena glimpsed at her mother and hurriedly put forth, "We're together- We're dating."

"WHAT? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING AND KEEP GOOD GRADES UP! NOT FINDING A BOYFRIEND!!!" Mrs. Tsukino thundered out.

"Please, mom give him a chance?! He's a nice guy! How about waiting until you meet him and then you can decide for yourself? Please?" Serena begged her mother.

"Oh, alright." Mrs. Tsukino answered, defeated.

Serena smiled and replied, "He's off tomorrow, would that work?"

"Okay, Serena." Her mother uttered with a puzzled look and added. "But you have to tell your father after supper."

"That should be interesting mom. You know how dad can be! He'll have a cow!"

"Serena!" Mrs. Tsukino vocalized.

In doing so, Serena inspired wearisomely.

"I'm making one of your dads' favorite dishes for supper tonight," Mrs. Tsukino advocated.

The two women glanced at another, which led Serena to announce. "I'll go set the table."

After supper, the three had seated themselves in the living room.

"Hun, that was an amazing meal! But where's Sammy?" Mr. Tsukino beseeched.

"Thank you, Dear! Sammy is at a friend's house," Mrs. Tsukino riposted.

"Serena, do you feel alright?" Mr. Tsukino inquired, as he noticed his daughter's fidgetiness.

"I'm fine dad, really." Serena conveyed and gulped big. She really didn't know how to bring the subject up. Serena instantly looked at her mother for some suggestions, but her mother only nodded. Serena acknowledged the cheerful mood her father was in and hated to ruin it.

"Dear? Serena has something she wants to talk to you about," Mrs. Tsukino mentioned.

"Really? What's that?" Mr. Tsukino asked, curiously.