Chapter 18

Melody arrived at the end of a dark alley. She leaned up against the brick wall, as the tears came down rapidly. She tried to wipe them away, except more flowed down.

'Why did I have to go and make love to him? You can't love a hunter! I did the right thing. It's better this way. No one gets mistreated. Let the pain of a heartbreak begin. The faster it comes, the faster I can move on.' Melody speculated.

She fetched out her mobile and punched a button, followed by the ringing in the background.

"Hello?" The dragged voice murmured.

"Hi-Serena!" Melody put forth, as she tried to hide her tears.

"Hey, Mel! What's wrong?" Serena quizzed, and jolted awake, as she realized who was on the other line.

"May I stop by for a few?" Melody inquired.

"Sure!" Serena disclosed.

Melody ended the phone call. She let out a huge sigh.

'What a mess I'm into! Dean won't stop, until he finds me and demands an answer for why I bailed on him.' Melody deliberated.

"You damn love fool!" She told herself and twisted in the routeway of Darien and Serena's apartment.

Suddenly, she heard a knock at the door. Given the quick arrival, Serena obtained that Melody must have been almost at the apartment when she called. To validate her suspicions, Serena asked:

"Who's there?"

"Melody!"

Serena opened the entry and pondered what was going on to be visited by this hour.

Melody stood with a worried expression upon her face. Serena motioned for her to come in.

"What's wrong?" Serena probed.

"Do you remember the hunter, Dean Winchester?" Melody beseeched.

"Yeah. Isn't he the hunter that you mentioned before? The one you also warned us about?" Serena catechized.

"The same," Melody answered.

Melody viewed Serena's bewildered stance, so she continued.

"Well, it's like this. I-I slept with him. And I think I have feelings for him!" Melody stated, briskly.

Serena's sleepiness faded away promptly, and she responded with:

"Melody! Don't you realize what will happen if-" Serena ceased herself, for she understood. She smiled at Melody and added: "It's difficult, I understand. However, please be careful!"

"I will and I'm not sure what has come over me. My guess is, he probably doesn't feel the same way." Melody proclaimed.

Next, Melody turned to leave, for she noticed how tired Serena was.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Serena. This could have waited till morning. Good night!"

"WAIT!?" Serena vocalized, but it was too late Melody was gone.

The day had ended, and the night was beginning its shift. Sam and Dean had discussed what could be done about the monster, Neconda. Well Sam was, Dean was in his own world.

"DEAN?!" Sam demanded.

"Huh?" Dean questioned.

"You okay? It's about Melody, isn't it?" Sam pressed, sadly. He hated to see his brother so hurt and confused. Even though Dean hardly showed it.

"Yeah." Dean riposted. He wasn't going to lie; he was indeed thinking about her. "There's something wrong. A lot that doesn't make any sense?!"

"It sure doesn't!" Sam agreed and then continued with. "Her bailing on you after what you described as a peaceful outing. Dean, it doesn't add up at all. She could have declined your offer, if she wanted to. Maybe she's following orders fr- Dean, where are you going?" Sam challenged, as he watched Dean walked externally.

"OUT!" Dean remarked, vigorously.

"GREAT!" Sam replied, as he went adjoining him.

The Winchester came at the end of the intersection, they heard shouts a few more blocks ahead of them. Once they turned the corner, there was a clay-looking atrocity in a human figure. It repeatedly uttered, "Mystic!"

Sam glanced over at his brother, both their guns raised and ready.

At that point, Dean yelled. "Hey, Shit-face!"

The brute didn't respond back, so Dean shot at it. Abruptly, the varmint took off, running in another direction.

"Damn it!" Dean thundered.

"What is going on?" Sam urged, baffled.

Melody was awakened by her cell going off. She peeked at the screen; it was a text from Willow. She said another creature had been reported and it was repeating, "Mystic." She rose from her sleeping slumber and quickly got dressed. Melody noticed the table clock read four in the afternoon.

"Yikes!" Melody verbalized.

'I normally would be delayed for work. Nevertheless, it would have to wait! I wondered why they let me sleep in? I admit I wasn't getting enough sleep, yet.' Melody mentated.

Ensuingly, Melody was downstairs, she speedily fixed a half peanut butter sandwich, grabbed a bottle of favor water and headed to the coordinates. Posterior to her consumed the food and drink, she located a good hiding place. Melody touched her necklace and in seconds, Mystic appeared.

Mystic quickly jogged on, and stopped when she assimilated the area.

"The hotel that-" Mystic began to say, despite that she couldn't.

'Oh, no! I hope- Great! I really didn't want to see him again, not now! Or did I?' Melody scrutinized.

Subsequently, she peeped around, there were the two brothers. They were talking to neighbors and dressed as FBI agents. Dean is sexy as ever in his suit.

'How dreamy! Stop it, Melody,' she scorned herself.

"Mystic?" Windamitc whispered.

"Yeah?" Mystic muttered, as they made it to a good spot to dispute the matter at hand and away from the scene.

"We perceived what you did last night!" Fireic announced, angrily.

"How could you?" Windamtic inquisitioned.

"How did you-" Mystic requested.

"Know?! Serena told us. When we tried and couldn't find you. We called her and she informed us that you had just left just saying a few words to her," Fireic acknowledged.

"I'm sorry. I was going to tell you. I was so tired. You guys forgive me?" Mystic implored'.

"We can't be mad at you!" Windamtic and Fireic affirmed in unison.

"I'm glad!" Mystic rejoined.

The girls hugged and nodded to one another. At that moment, it was time to figure out who, or what this fiend wanted.

"Let's split up! We can cover more grounds," Mystic pointed out.

"Right!" The other two cited, together.

Mystic started to sneak around and bumped right into no other than Dean. Her mini titans held and aimed high towards him. His gun also raised high and pointed at her chest.