Chapter 9

"What?" The Scouts probed, befuddled.

"I'm sorry, I haven't heard or seen you before?!" Tuxedo Mask implied, as he peered at Mystic addled.

"What's the matter Tuxie? Afraid to fight?" Mystic exhorted in a taunt.

"No, but you're on!" He attested and grinned.

"HOLD UP! I thought there wasn't going to be anymore fighting, right now?!" Sailor Moon interrupted.

"No fighting among my Warriors and the Scouts, but I didn't say anything about challenging Prince Endymion!" Mystic announced, while her gaze went straight to Tuxedo Mask.

"How do you know-Never mind. I'll fight you on one condition?" Tuxedo Mask advised.

"WHAT?" Sailor Moon shriek.

"Yes?" Mystic pressed curiously.

"You tell us who you are and let us fight beside you!"

"Very, well." Mystic answered and then questioned, "So?"

"I accept your challenge!" Tuxedo Mask replied, self-assured.

'That's the Prince that I know,' mentated Mystic. Thereupon, she expressed:

"Good. I've been waiting a long time for this moment!" Mystic confessed and whipped out her identical silver titans. In addition, she did a posed with them held high and out from her with one foot in front of the other; in a charge stance.

"Please, Tuxedo Mask don't do this!" Sailor Moon pleaded.

Tuxedo Mask put his hand on her check and held it there. When he did this gesture, Sailor Moon closed her eyes and tears started to form. Thereafter, he gave her a kiss on the lips, followed by the absence of his warm touch.

In a smooth whisper, he responded with, "I have to!"

Sailor Moon shivered at his murmurous words, she opened her eyes and he had already stood in front of Mystic, preparing for battle.

The wind blew Tuxedo Mask's cape and Mystic's hair in different directions. Both of them stared at one another, waiting for the other to make the first move. Neither of them perceived what this fight will bring.

'What on earth is this woman wanting to fight me for and not the girls? I never heard of her or her 'warriors.' However, she knows me and the Sailor Scouts. These fighter's outfits I haven't seen before. And what was with the masks? Their vitality is incredibly strong! Are they witches? Are they friend or foe? They did save us, though! But what is their true purpose?'' Tuxedo Mask deliberated.

Tuxedo Mask- Darien had long time ago regained a memory that belonged to his past self; of him once known as Prince Endymion. Everything made sense now. The memory consists of an older woman, his mother. She was in speech about how witches would sometimes be combatants. Some were good and some were evil. Just to be careful around them. Their pure intentions will be revealed. Good witches-defenders would help anyone in trouble.

All of sudden, he observed as Mystic put her two javelins together. In a streak of blue light, it molded into a long trident. The weapon looked powerful with its silver cane and its sharp fork figure.

'I bet she really knows how to use that!' Tuxedo Mask observed.

Mystic viewed Tuxedo Mask's costume and reflected. 'A real warrior never hides themselves through a mask.'

What she wore may look like a Halloween costume, but it wasn't. Yeah, she also had a mask on too. She decided to dress in one, for when she fought him and in case she killed him. Only Mystic and her gladiators would know who was responsible.