Chapter 22

Jungkook's pov:

I walked by Y/n's desk for the nth time in just two hours, just to get her attention. And to bless my starving soul, she looked up, eyeing me like I was some creature unleashed from the zoo.

At least I got a look from her, doesn't matter how she saw me though.

The reason behind my behavior like an caved man was Y/n's ignorance. Hwang Y/n, my skilled secretary and my beloved lady, was ignoring me since she blessed the company building by stepping inside.

But the woman was keeping me restless with the lack of interest in communicating. I would have told myself it was for work pressure but since I confessed to her yesterday night, my heart and brain both were telling me that she was ignoring me for the sudden unhinged confession.

I swung around on my chair, thinking what to do to make her talk with me. Minutes later, I pressed the calling button twice as she appeared in my room within a few seconds.

“You needed anything?” “I- um..” I wondered what to say. “Yeah. The files I told you to give Ella, have you done it?”

“Not yet. I was rechecking them before giving it to Ms. Ella.” “Well you don't need to. Bring them to me, I'll do it by myself.”

She eyed me for a second before walking out and returning with the papers. “Here.” She kept them on my desk. “Anything else?”

“Well, can you make me a cup of coffee?” She frowned her brows, looking at the more than half filled coffee cup resting on my desk.

“It got cold. I need a new one.” She nodded and walked away.

I leaned back on my chair, loosening my tie as it suddenly felt suffocating. Happy Y/n, angry Y/n, sad Y/n; I dealt with all of them but silent Y/n? I felt like the less she talked, the more someone hammered my heart.

Oh sweetheart, what has made you so sad?

It's you. My inner voice spoke. 

Shut up! I warned it, and decided to focus on work till Y/n returned.

Y/n's pov:

Something was wrong with Jeon today. The continuous calling to his cabin, walking by my desk more than four times for god knows what reason made me question his well being.

I was already pissed since last night because of my father, and to add fuel to the fire, he again brought up his friend's son and asked me to meet him this Sunday. 

And now Jungkook’ strange behavior was now making me want to add two more spoons of sugar in his coffee which he disliked solely.

He was probably doing it because I was talking less with him.

Yes, I was trying to keep myself away from him for a moment and my mind away from the fact that my boss confessed to me last night.

I was afraid of facing him. I know he didn't ask for an answer, he didn't even bring up the topic for once. Yet, I was nervous.

You are nervous because you like him too. The inner voice of mine made its entry, so perfect!

I shook my head and made my way toward his cabin with his coffee.

A faint ‘Come in’ was received before I went inside and found him standing against his desk, flipping through pages of the document he was holding in his hand.

“Your coffee.” He looked up. “Thanks. Keep it here.” He closed the file before stepping aside. I kept the cup on his desk.

“Anything else, or…” “No. You can leave.” His voice trailed off as I nodded and turned around to leave. “Y/n?” I paused before sighing and turning around. “Yes?”