Chapter 31

Porsche

Today, I have an appointment with Kovit all day. I am going to show him land for his hotel and restaurants. I can send someone else to attend him and show him, but he is an important client. Kinn had to go to one of his casinos. There were people creating problem which was affecting the business.

We decided to meet at the same place we last met. I reached there before and waited for him. I tug at the coat of my suit as I was feeling uncomfortable. I am still not used to it. It's too much for me. The chances of this suit suffocating me to death is more than a bullet hitting me.

I asked Meen my personal bodyguard to get information about Kovit. He didn't find out much. Whatever he told me, I already knew. He came from Russia after a decade. His grandfather is a business man in Thailand. But the only thing we found out that his family's involvement in Mafia business. They are as old as Theerapanykul family. There is no history of bad blood or clash between them, but they are not ally either.

Kovit came and we left after having coffee. Because of Kinn I have learn to like coffee, but I still can't make one. I guess I am gifted only in making alcoholic beverages.

We reached the place within couple of minutes. There was a team of people waiting for us. They welcomed us and began to show us the land. They briefed us on the quality and location of land and provided us the reports of soil testing.

We then went to two other locations. Team did very good job with their research according to requirement of the client. We decided to get something to eat. I was starving.

"So, did you like any land yet? If you don't then we will search for some other places." I said taking bit of my steak. My eyes almost rolled back as how delicious it was.

"I liked all of them, but I liked second one better."

"That's great. There are two other places on our list. We will go look at it some other day whenever you are free."

"You would know when I am free." His comment confused me.

"what do you mean?"

"Well you asked your men to get information about me and follow. I thought you would know if I am free or not."

How did he find out?

He is smart guy. I guess he has trained his people very well or our people lacking skills.

"So, tell me what else did you find out?"

"Nothing much. Just you are part of mafia family."

"But I know everything about you...."

"What do you know?"

"About you past, family, debt, loan shark and your one and only brother...."

Him mentioning my brother made me put up my guards. The professional business men smile gone. I am not expert like Kinn who can maintain his expression well in front of people.

"What about him?" I said in low voice glaring at him.

"Nothing. I also have younger brother same age as yours. They will get along if they ever met." He said trying to light up the tense atmosphere.

When Meen gave me the file on Kovit there was no mention of his brother and now, he is telling me about his brother himself rather than protecting him. If it was me in his place, I would never tell anyone about my brother. This guy is unpredictable.

"Porsche... Relax. I am not threatening you. I am just telling you I did some research on your background just like you did mine."

I nod.