LXI

"LEO!!"

"L-LEO!!"

Noor called out to her husband desperately, who was being hanged upside down as if he were an animal in a butcher's shop. His face and body were covered with deep injuries and cuts, and he was stained in blood. Dry and new.

Noor tapped on the steel bar, making noise, as it seemed like he was still unconscious. Before she knew it, she was already crying.

"A-adam, l-let me go to him please. P-please Adam -" She pleads while looking from her husband and him.

"Noor, why are you crying? Do you want to go to him? OK." Adam smiled easily, agreeing to her request.

"This will be the last time you meet him anyways," He added as his smile turned wicked.

Noor looked at him as if she heard wrong while Adam firmly held her face and softly wiped the tears as he gestured his man to open the cell.

There's so much she wants to confront to him, but Noor decided to do it later. She has to go to her husband first.

Jerking away his hold, she rushed to the cell as the men released Leonardo to the ground.

As if finally he could breathe, Leonardo coughed up with a painful groan. Noor rushed to his side as she placed his head gently on her lap.

Her hands trembled at his condition. And she wasn't sure if she could touch him because his injuries looked so painful.

Her heart clenched in agony.

"H-honey-" She whispered with difficulty as if her throat was rusty. She gently placed her hand on his sweaty hair as she waited for him to respond.

Leonardo tried to talk, but his voice cracked, and he began to cough again.

"W-water--" She muttered as she looked around but found no source of drinking. She felt helpless and useless.

What can she do? Leonardo needs immediate medical attention, but she can't even call for an ambulance or the police! At this rate, his health might be in danger!

Noor felt numb at the situation. Her mind went blank, not understanding what she should do.

"Fiore." He whispered, getting her attention.

"L-leo-!" Her trembled hands gently caressed his face, avoiding the bruises, fearing she could hurt him by her light touch.

Leonardo thought he heard wrong. He thought he was dreaming when he heard Noor's voice. He doesn't even know how many days have passed.

With difficulty, Leonardo sat up as Noor helped him. He cleared his dry throat to access speaking .

"W-what are you doing here? How did you get here?" He asked in worry now that he believed he wasn't hallucinating.

"Leo, you l-lost a lot of blood I--"

"Noor! You shouldn't be here!" He shook her shoulders, not understanding the situation. Why was his wife in the enemy's area?

This was the first time in a long while he called her by her name. He was angry. Angry at the thought that his wife was in the enemy's place.

"Aren't you harsh to your wife who came to meet you after so many days?" Adam walked in, his hands in his pocket as he stared down at them.

Leonardo took Noor's hand and stood as he stood forward, "You fucking bastard."

"You met him right? Now let's return home." Adam announced as he walked forward to pull Noor but Leonardo threw a punch instead.