LXII

Noor froze in her spot, seeing the person in front of her. Her eyes went wide in disbelief but were also mixed with joy.

"Well, hello, Princess. I see that you are fine." He smiled warmly with his soft gaze staring at her relieved orbs.

"J-Jack? You-- but h-how?" Noor's words came out broken, unable to comprehend what she herself was saying as Jack entered the room.

"I know you have a lot of questions, and yes, I am not dead. I will explain everything later but for now let's go. Hurry!" Jack spoke in one breath, not allowing Noor to process his words as he signalled her to follow him.

"Ok!" She responded, and the two got out of the room, stepping onto the broken door on the ground.

Noor went agape seeing the condition of the hallway before her eyes. The once clean corridor was now destroyed and messed up.

The flower vases that once adorned the hallway lay shattered, their contents strewn across the floor. Picture frames hung crookedly on the walls, some having fallen and shattered on the ground. The air was thick with dust and the acrid smell of smoke.

Jack and Noor navigated the debris carefully, their footsteps crunching on broken glass and fragments of plaster. As they moved forward, Noor's mind raced with questions. How was Jack alive? What had happened to him? But she knew this wasn't the time to ask.

Noor noticed a huge hole on the wall due to the bomb that had gone off, leaving exposed wires and crumbling bricks. The hallway seemed like a war zone, every corner hiding potential danger.

A hurried footstep was heard alerting them as Jack pulled Noor behind him. Tension flying over them as they waited for who have come.

But Noor's face soon lit up as she recognized the familiar figure emerging from the corner.

"Noor!!" He panted as relief washed over him seeing her.

Tears welled in her eyes upon seeing her husband as she rushed forward, embracing him tightly. "Leo! I thought I'd lost you," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion.

Leonardo held her close, his own relief evident as he her more closer if possible afraid that he might lose her.

"I was worried sick damn it." He muttered into her hair, his voice trembling. "When the bomb went off, I thought the worst."

"I am fine." Noor responded with a peace of mind now that she is with him.

Noor pulled back as they broke the hug but held hands together firmly.

"I see that you are still alive. Thankfully" Jack spoke getting their attention as he walks towards them while Leonardo scoffs.

"Took you long enough to come." Leonardo remarked, his tone a mix of sarcasm and relief upon seeing his trusted partner, "I was beginning to think you enjoyed leaving me hanging."

Jack smirked. "Wouldn't dream of it. Besides, it was hard getting the location of this island. That bastard really hid you both well."

Confusion emerged on Noor seeing how Leonardo was not even surprised Jack has been alive all this time.

Did he already know Jack was alive?
What even is going on here??