Hope

"punctual as ever it seems" a voice drawled as we appeared in a beautiful open room, a fishpond sitting in the middle and chairs, for the High lords surrounding the circular body of water. Probably to stop them fighting.

Rhys let Feyre sit in the chair, perching on the arm complacently.

It was as he began talking that I noticed the whispers, the looks. My eyes cast around the room, meeting familiar faces in the crowds of different courts, all of them looked at me in shock and curiosity. Maybe a little fear.

Even some of the High Lords began to look over, unsure of what had caused such a commotion.

My lips pressed together, feeling a little like an animal in a cage as I stood there, feeling Azriel's eyes on me whilst he leant back against a pillar a few steps away, some of his shadows curling by my ankles.

"So, what you're suggesting is joining our forces to fight this threat combined?" The High Lord of Winter asked, his wife (lover?) leaning in with equal interest.

"we've seen first hand the sort of power he has with the cauldron" Feyre spoke "what he can do with it."

"is that what happened to your little pet?" attention turned to Eris, who was studying my lazily, arms crossed as he stood behind his father's chair. "Perhaps the better word for her now is your little whore"

Shadows coated the room as Azriel snarled.

"watch your tongue" one of Dawn's court spoke up sounding equally as defensive, "she saved our lives"

Agreement rang around the room, and I felt my face flush a little under the attention, but I stepped forward none the less.

"it's alright" I nodded to the female who had spoke up, looking to Eris. "For anyone of you that are a little confused about this exchange, my name is Alex Greene. Almost 7 weeks ago I was kidnapped from the Ball in Day and brought to Hybern, where I went from Human to Fae in a matter of seconds."

Shock rang through the room, cries of disbelief echoed off the walls and I couldn't help but feel a little nervous.

"if what you say is true," Summer court said "then you've been hiding this knowledge for 7 weeks"

"not by choice" I countered, taking a seat on the wall protecting the pond "I woke up 2 weeks ago. And since then have been trying to figure out how to...deal with this change."

"what proof do you have?" The High Lord of Autumn.

"proof?" I questioned "maybe the fact that your son literally saw me at the ball, when I was human."

"You could have been glamoured" Eris stated, and I turned my gaze to the pond in thought.

"Why don't you show us, Rhysand has the capability to show us inside your mind. Show us you as a human"

My eyes flicked to the High Lord of Dawn at his suggestion.

"what part do you want to see? The cauldron?"

"My people call you Angel" a handsome fae leant forward, golden eyes sparkling as he examined me "they talk to me often of the human healer who brought them back from the war."

"you're Angel?" A voice sounded from the door. It seems like Spring Court had finally arrived.

After learning that Tamlin was the one to turn in Feyre's sisters to Hybern, none of us were best happy with him.

"Yes." I answered shortly, watching the blonde sit in his chair, his eyes travelling over to Feyre as Lucien stood beside him, his head bowing to us.

"You said your name was Alex" Autumn questioned bluntly.