Henry & the Bad Girl, Part 2!

FLASH-BACK TO THE MAN CAVE (3 YEARS AGO)

A little girl walked out from the sprocket and began to call out to her uncle, "UNCLE RAY! Uncle Ray!"

She walks up to the monitors and clicks the screen, "Hey Goosh, do you where Uncle Ray is?"

"Stopping the Toddler," Goosh said. "He will be back shortly I think."

She sighed, knowing it would take some time for her uncle to return home, "Okay." She clicks to disconnect the screen and looks about the man cave, feeling extremely alone.

It has been a few days since Schowz left the cave, he used to make her laugh with his accents and let her play with his inventions but now since her uncle kicked him out because he took his girlfriend, who by the way never even liked her, it gets lonely here.

She wondered what it would be like to talk to someone her age and meet them somewhere other than the man cave, however, her uncle strongly advised her not to since he was concerned that someone would discover her abilities and use her for personal advantage.

Like any other kid, she went behind her uncle's back and waved her hands, causing them to glow. Her eyes also lit up in a vibrant blue, purple, and pink mix. She walked through the glowing portal and vanished from sight.

She landed in an abandoned building and began to walk around until she noticed some spray cans on the floor; she picked one up and inspected it before spraying it on the wall; this gave her an idea and she began to sketch what felt natural to her.

"Hey, you!" Someone shouted.

Scared, she dropped the can and spun around to see a blonde girl approaching.

She glanced at the wall and had a surprised look, then turned to the brunette-haired person with a grin. "That's some nice paint you've got there!"

"Thanks," She said softly.

"I'm Veronika," She introduced herself as she stuck her hand out. "And you are?"

It was the first time she saw someone her age, and she gazed up and said, "I'm Julissa." While smiling, she shook her hand.

END THE FLASHBACK

— — —

PRESENT

Jules went out of the elevator when Mason called, having to lie, and she began to feel bad about keeping the secret from him, which is for his good but is harming their relationship.

Charlotte glances up from the couch and spots her friend with a sad look. "He's calling you again."

She nodded, "I'll have to come up with yet another excuse." She strolled over to the couch and plopped down next to Charlotte.

The alarm went off, and Charlotte and Jules looked up to find Ray had returned. He was dirty and angry.

The girls glance at each other with confusion and Charlotte asks first, "How'd it go?"

"Not great." He gritted his teeth as he marched ahead, dusting the residual dirt from his shoulders and chest while Jules frowned.

"Well, what happened?" Jules asked of her uncle, pointing to his dirty outfit. "And why are you all dirty?"

"Because I just went tumbling down a giant mountain." Jules blinked as Ray proceeded to speak. "And a mountain is basically one big pile of dirt in the shape of a mountain." Ray sat down and instantly started typing on the display. "We need to locate Henry. Schwoz!"