Wyldfyre's birthday

~THE NIGHT BEFORE~

Wyldfyre POV

"Kai, just tell me! What did you get me!?" I ask Kai "Wyldfyre, its your birthday tomorrow, you can wait!" Kai says back "But I can't! Please, just tell me." I tell him "No buts, kiddo. You can wait for your present" Skylor says "What about you Skylor? Whats your gift?!" I ask her "You can wait" Skylor says "Fine!" I say VERY calmly if I do say so myself.

~MORNING~

Kai's POV

Even if it wasn't ny turn on patrolling, I woke up earlier. Today is Wyldfyre's birthday. Me and Skylor wanted to give her a proper birthday morning, since we have no idea how she use to celebrate her birthday.

We got her a cake and presents. Of course, the rest of the team wanted to make this special for her so they went out to get her gifts too.

We just finished decorating the living room and getting an ice cream breakfast ready.

We spent and hour on it and it is now 6:00 am. For her birthday, we want her to connect with some family other that us so we are taking her to my parents house.

We asked her a few days before and she seemed pretty happy to go. Plus, my parents miss having a kid around. Considering Wyldfyre is 14 today.

We just wait around until it is now 7 and its time to get her up.

I light the candle and have everyone who is still in the monestary to come and sing happy birthday to her.

I light the candle and give the cake to Skylor. We all stand at her side and start to sing happy birthday.

She shoots up with excitement to blow the candles.

"Happy birthday Wyldfyre!" we all cheer in unison (😭)

"Thanks" she says groggily and rubbing her eyes.

We all head out of the room with her. "Woah! Epic!" she says running to the layed out presents and baloons. "Breakfast first, Wyldfyre" I say having her go to the kitchen counter to see all the sprinkles and syrups and her favorite ice cream. "Cookie's and Cream!" she says running over.

she runs back to us "Thanks guys!" she says hugging me and Wyldfyre.

~AFTER SHE EATS BREAKFAST AND OPENS PRESENT (sorry guys im lazy)~

"Another thing, we're going to Kai's parents today!" Skylor says "Yes! I miss Maya!" Wyldfyre says.

~OTW~

Kai's POV

"She's asleep" Skylor says "Its only been 30 minutes since we left the house" I chuckle "I told you, she's like an exact replicate of you" Skylor says "She is not! I'm not even blood related to her!" I tell her "Plus, I am definitely not like that" I state "Don't lie to yourself, babe" Skylor says laying back to sleep aswell.

"Well, she's a lot like you too, you know" I tell her. She opens her eyes "She is not! How?" she says "Lets start with, uh- maybe the fact that you both have red hair!" I laugh "Thats nothing, lots of people have red hair" Skylor says defending herself. "And, you have the same love language. Ha! Top that!" I say "Yeah, right. And what exactly is my love language?" she asks "Quality time." I say "Hm, whatever" she says laying back down to sleep.

~AT THE 4WEAPONS~

As we park the car, ny parents stand outside the shop smiling. We get out of the car and Wyldfyre runs over to my parents "Happy Birthday, Dear!" Maya says "Thanks Maya." Wyldfyre says back.

We head in the house and Wyldfyre opens a present from my parents.

She received an RC car. "Cool! Thank you!" she says looking at the box "And what are these?" she asks holding up a pair of earrings "We got you some earrings. We thought you'd like them since-" Maya is cut off "Coke bottle earrings?! Best birthday ever!" Wyldfyre says.

~DINNER TIME~

We all sit at table to eat Wyldfyre's favorite. Cheese burgers and spaghetti all made by my mother. "These taste great, Maya" Skylor says taking another bite out of her burger "Thanks, sweetie. Its a new recipe" Maya tells us "Son, you wanted to tell us something tonight. What is it?" Ray says mixing his spaghetti. "Right. So, you know how Wyldfyre is working her way to school and a  requirement for any kid or student is to have a legal guardian." I say having Skylor continue "So, we're adopting her so she can have someone to call mom and dad" Skylor says "So.. Your like her...?" Ray says trying to say  parents. 

When we talked about it, we thought if we want to have kids in a few years, why not give the kid an older sister.  We nod in response. "I'm proud of you, son" Ray says getting up to hug us "Sweetie, thats amazing" Maya says coming to do the same "Whats that suppose to mean?" Wyldfyre curiously asks "It means I guess we're your parents now" Skylor says "Wow, that feels crazy to say out loud" she adds "Thats crazy! So, my name is Wyldfyre Smith now?" Wyldfyre asks "Wait, why can't her name be Chen?" Skylor says "We'll talk about that a different day" I say chuckling.

~AT THE MONESTARY~

"So? How'd it go with your parents?" Cole asks when we walk in "It went great! They took it in like it was nothing" Skylor says "Congrats you guys!" Jay says "I didn't think I'd say I have a kid until I'm 30" I say "Congratulations Wyldfyre!" Sora and Arin say "Thanks guys! I'm seriously so happy right now!" Wyldfyre says

~BED TIME~

"Do you think its a good thing we did this?" Skylor says "Its the best decision I  think we made so far" I say "Good night, babe" I say turning to the other side and slowly drift to sleep.

i feel like this will kill me one day