First Day

Skylor's POV

It seema pretty impossible to think that a whole month has passed by and the kid's first day of school is here.

It has also been a month since we adopted Wyldfyre and she's been very comfortable with us.

"Wyldfyre, time to wake up for school" I say groggily considering that I myself just got out of bed. "Come on Wyldfyre, breakfast will be on the table really soon" I say lightly shaking her "School? School!" she says shooting up from bed, startling me "Morning" I say rubbing my eye "Good morning, Skylor! Where's Kai?" she says already standing "He's making breakfast for you guys." I say pointing towards the door "Thanks!" she says going towards the door "Wait, Wyldfyre! Shower first!" I say to her "Fine" she says coming back snd grabbing her towel "Quick so I can work on tour braid" I say leading her to the bathroom and leaving our room.

I step out to see everyone up and running "Morning Sky! Where's Wyldfyre?" Nya asks "She's showering" I reply heading towards the kitchen "Morning babe, Wyldfyre?" Kai asks "Already in the shower" I reply sitting at the table "Mornings guys" I say to Arin and Sora infront of me "Good morning, Skylor" Sora greets back.

A few mins later, Wyldfyre heads to the Kitchen to eat some breakfast. Afterwards, we let the kids pack up some snacks and lunch with Zane.

"Skylor! My braid!" Wyldfyre yells "Oh! I completely forgot" I say brushing ny hair.

"Come here, let me do it now." I say pulling a stool infront of me.

I work on the strands of hair infront of her face and we finished up in 10 minutes "Are lunches ready?" I ask brushing her hair a little more. "Mhm! All ready!" she says "There you look great" I say putting the brush down "Thanks, Skylor!" She says getting up probably going to Sora and Arin.

"Kai, come on we're leaving" getting up and knocking on our bathroom door "Okay, Okay. I'm here he says" coming out of the bathroom door.

We all head for the van and go to the kid's school first.

Luckily, Sora passed the robotics class test and Arin and Wyldfyre have a lot of the same classes and the ones that they don't have together Sora and Wyldfyre have those classes together.

We get to their school and have the team wait in the car and Lloyd, Harumi, Kai and I get out of the car.

Lloyd and Harumi had their little moment with Arin and Sora.

"You be good, kay?" Kai says ruffling Wyldfyre's hair. Wyldfyre nods in response "And you remember all the homework we did, okay? Oh, and focus too, take notes! Put those notebooks to use" I tell her "Okay" she says "Okay, go on ahead" Kai says pointing his head towards the school "Have a great day." I say putting a reassuring arm on her shoulder.

Wyldfyre nervously turns around and starts walking towards the school.

She came right back to us and gave us a BIG hug "I'm scared" she says burying her head in Kai's stomach.

"You'll be fine, kay?" I say to her "Yeah, you'll have friends here" Kai says "Okay, I can do this" Wyldfyre says letting go of us and pulling herself together "There we go!" I say "Wyldfyre is back on track" Kai says to her "Bye guys!" she says "Bye! We love you!" I say to her "Love you too! Bye!" she says waving as she walks.

We watch her enter the school and we turn to the car to leave "We did pretty well, right?" Lloyd says "I didn't know how much this would affect you, Sky" Harumi says putting her seatbelt on "What do you mean?" I ask "I saw that look on your face." Harumi says "I saw it too, from the car" Nya says "Same here" Cole says and everyone else agrees "What look?" I ask confused and no one answers "What?" I say to myself confused.

They drop me off at work and the whole day I was just thinking about "the look" and Wyldfyre.