The day after

This is after horror movies in the snow

Parker's Pov

I slowly blink my eyes open, remembering what i had dreamed, well it wasn't really a dream. It felt obscure, strange, i hadn't felt like that in awhile, perhaps it had happened because Chester fell asleep first for once? Well speaking of Chester, I felt cold and looked around, Chester was nowhere to be found, i suddenly remember what happened last night with the snow and all. It was warm in the house so i assume the Power is back on. I slowly stand and look around me. The only trace of Chester was a Darkish colored feather lying on the ground, i bend down and pick it up and look at it for a second. I eventually set it down and walk to my bedroom and hear the shower. 

Well i guess i know where Chester is now, I looked over to the door and see Apollo waiting outside of it. I decide to go to the other bathroom in the house and brush my teeth, my toothbrush was in the main bathroom though so i walked over to the door and knocked on it. After a couple seconds Chester responds. "yeah?" He asked and i respond "Hey i need to brush my teeth can i come in?" I decided it would probably be easier to just brush my teeth in there and not walk to the other bathroom. "Yeah just give me a sec." I hear some scrambling and the door unlocking, i wait for him to say its all good to go in and i walk in. The second i open the door im hit with the thick warm air, the mirror was fogged and it was very hot in there, it felt like a sauna. I turn to look and i can see the faint outline of Chester and i can see the tips of his feathers. "Goddamn Chester how hot do you have the shower?" I ask and walk over to the sink and grab my tooth brush. "Eh as hot as it will go." Damn, this guy is going to make my heating bill go up isnt he? "Okay Chester, whatever you need to make you feel comfortable." I begin brushing my teeth.

The atmosphere in the warm bathroom was tense, neither of us dared mention last night. What did Chester think about it? Maybe i would never know. As i was getting dragged down by my thoughts suddenly Chester spoke. "Hey sorry about last night, demons are very sensitive to cold and tend to huddle to the closest heat source." I felt a small pang in my heart. Wait, why? Was it the fact that he didn't do it just because he wanted to? No that wouldn't make sense. Why would i care about that? I shake the thoughts from my head and respond to the Dirty blonde male. "Oh its fine, i didn't care." Chester just hums a bit and doesn't say anything else. I finish brushing my teeth and combing my hair and walk out of the bathroom. The change in temperatures was drastic. I almost shiver as i walk out. 

Since i knew Chester would probably be a bit i decided to make myself some breakfast. I walk down the stairs and let out a yawn, damn i was still tired, i didn't sleep very well last night... My back aches a little too, i suppose laying on the ground is not the most comfortable. I made it down the stairs and walked to the kitchen, i pull out the stuff to make bacon and eggs, my signature dish. I pull out enough for me and the stop for a second. I walk back to the fridge and grab out enough for me and Chester, i couldnt let him starve could i? Well, Technically i could, feeding him real food gives him little to no nutritional value, he told me that if he wants to live off it he needs to eat so much food that its not even worth it really, and he would need very very meaty things, but he still likes to eat food. He's probably really hungry, especially if he didn't eat last night.

I make the food and hear the soft clicking of his clawed feet tapping the wood along with Apollo, i turn my head and see him, hair wet, wings wet, and in his usual outfit. He slowly waves to me and takes a seat. I give him his dish of food and he looks up at me through his sunglasses. "You made me food without me asking?" I nod my head at him "yeah, hopefully your hungry." He nods his head "Thank you, did you sleep well last night?" He sounded a little off, a little more monotone than usual, he had been a bit off lately but i tried not to focus on it. "Well i had a nightmare, but other than that and a little back pain im fine." I saw Chester frown, when he did so his fangs lightly poked onto his lower lip. "Sorry about that, i never let myself fall asleep first, cold basically knocks demons out though, i couldnt bring myself to stay awake for any longer." I wave him off and shrug. "Really its fine, it wasn't even that bad." Sure, that was a lie, but is it really a lie if its to protect someone you care for?

Hope you all enjoyed! Thinkin of makin Chester go through some interesting character arcs lol