Bond of Chaos

I sat at the small dining area with three large books before me. Joan was nearby, in the kitchen preparing something for dinner. We were conversing about random things like her experiences outside the walls and how she managed to know her way out of this literal maze. I would occasionally look into the opened book to grasp something once we both go silent.

"I think it's only Sir and the driver who know the way in and out. I have no idea, the driver drove me throughout my errands." Joan revealed. "Oh I see, it must've been nice being in town and seeing all the beautiful things and people."
I acknowledged.

"A heaven is where you find your peace, where you experience genuine happiness and willing pursue your passion. You can create your own happiness everywhere." I stayed silent as Joan spoke. I took time to sink into her words.

The door burst open and Jaime entered. He was holding a gift bag. He looked very drained but still maintained a smile. He opened up his arms for a hug but I shyly turned my back at him.

"It's good to be nice, little Sir." Joan said to me as she noticed what was going on. I moved over to Jaime sluggishly, my hands stiff by side in his embrace as I inhaled his sweet masculine scent.
He pulled back gently and observed my face. "You're so complicated, Grandee. What is it now?" He remarked. He took my hand and handed over the handle of the gift bag to me as we approached the dining area hand in hand. "For all the times you decided to ignore my calls." He remarked with a smirk.

"Thank you so much." I appreciated.
Jaime ascended the stairs while I stayed behind at the dining area trying to figure out what he got for me.
It was a camera. "...because you spot the beauty in all things." That was the short note it came with. I felt very flattered and showed the camera to Joan who was also very amused. I worked my hands around it trying to figure out how to operate it. I was very happy that my smiles started to engulf my body. "That'll definitely bring a new meaning to your life." Joan said as she noticed me beaming with smiles.

"Has Joan left already?" Jaime inquired. "Yes, she just did." I replied. Jaime moved behind the counter to rinse the plates he had picked up. "When do you decide to end today's study schedule?" Jaime asked. "Not yet." I replied quickly, irritated because his presence was already distracting me from getting my attention to the book and now, his voice. "Well, don't skip your meals... I'm not dishing out for you this time." He averted.

He moved over and sat across me, placing the plate of food and the glass on water gently on the table.
He'd occasionally pause and give me a long stare.
I dropped my pen and shut the books close, stacking them on top of the other. I figured he wasn't going to have me concentrate.

I dished out chicken pepper soup into a bowl and some spiced potatoes on a plate and returned to my seat quietly.
There was a very long period of silence as we ate until I finally decided to break it as I set my eye on the camera box.
"I'm very grateful for the camera, Jaime!" I acknowledged.
Jaime nodded with his mouth full of food.

"Eat very well before I get accused of making you lean. Apparently, I'm seen as a kidnapper with egoistic motives by my soon to be in law." He let out.
"Did you not get any better way to describe me? If not out of love, at least by pity." He added sarcastically.

Oh so Rheana did reach out to Jaime. I figured she went all out on him.

"Umm she demanded my whereabouts and I just let it out." I explained. "Is that it?" Jaime  questioned.

"Well, she's your family and she has to know." He concurred.

"I'm very sorry Grandee... for all this. Please don't ever think it's over. I'm really going to make us work." He assured.

I really wanted to get deep into what transpired between Jaime and Rheana but I decided to trust them because they were both very smart.
"Don't worry, everything will be fine. I promise." He reassured.

It was already 9pm and Jaime, shirtless with only shorts on moved around the small area as he talked on and on on a business call. I was busily writing some summarized notes before calling it a day. Jaime suddenly moved towards me, gently ushering me from my seat. "Alright! Just do as we've decided on." With that Jaime ended the call, his focus now  fully on me.

He jerked me towards him, staring straight into my eyes, his hands around my waist. He kissed my forehead softly. "Go to bed now. I can see you're very drained." He said. "Already, I'm considered a kidnapper, you're not going to make that true." He added.

"Jaime, can we not sleep on the same bed?" I requested. "Why? I snore to much? I'm too clingy?" Jaime inquired. "No no no!" I answered. I didn't want to be so available to him that he starts to get fed up of me. That thought crossed my mind often. Well, I wasn't certain of that but I wasn't going to give myself all out like I  already had. "I do not wish to be touched this night." I said to him. Jaime but his lips and stared straight into my eyes seductively. "Oh you could've just said that. I'll try, my love." He uttered with a wide smirk.

Jaime was putting on his undershirt. I rubbed my eyes and got off the bed. I didn't feel any awkwardness in my body and I was relieved Jaime had spared me the night but unfortunately, my upper lip was almost swollen from his rough kisses the previous night. "Morning my love." Jaime extended. I nodded with a huge smile, approaching him and hugging him. "You have lectures today right? I'll drop you off." Jaime offered. "Lemme get ready fast then." I said rushing into the bathroom.

Soon enough we both left the breakfast table. I went out and sat in Jaime's truck waiting for him to join me. He had gone upstairs to pick up some documents. Soon he joined me. I waved Joan who had come not so long ago and Jaime took off.

During the long ride, we talked about a lot and I realized I hadn't opened up so much to someone. Being around Jaime felt great and now, I didn't want to lose him either.
Soon we were at school. Jaime parked the truck in the parking lot and escorted me all the way to my class.

I didn't want him to hug me because there were numerous eyes around but I gave in, feigning nonchalance. "Will I return to the chalet this evening?" I asked. "We'll see about that before the day ends." Jaime replied. "Don't worry, you're safe." Jaime assured with a wink.
As I walked into the class to take my seat, I noticed Jaime move towards the administration instead of retracing his route. "Well, he's a product of the school so maybe he has some greetings to extend." I thought to myself.

Behind me in my seat, was an older muscled man dressed in all black. He looked very scary and intimidating, his black beanie almost covering his eyes. I felt very tensed knowing that this could be my end.