Falling Out of Love.

"Where have you been?" Ted asked as he dropped his bag on the sofa. I sighed. "A lot has changed these past few days. You disappear for three days, I find you on campus with a creepy guard and now there are two men guarding the door?What's happening?" He demanded in frustration.

"I am under some sort of threat and I'm going out of the ordinary just to stay safe, that's all." I replied calmly.
"You very know that answer isn't satisfactory. Give me the details when you're ready." Ted responded and I nodded.

My stomach stung any time I thought of what happened earlier that day. Jaime had still not reached out to me and it was beginning to devastate me more. I scrolled through my recent contacts, contemplating on whether to call him or just ignore everything like it never happened.

A call from Suzzy came in almost immediately. I knew she was on a date with her blonde boyfriend and I couldn't figure out why she would call. I picked up.
"Hey!" She extended. "Hii." I replied. "You sound pretty down today. I just started to worry about you so I decided to check up." Suzzy revealed. "I'm doing just fine." I lied. "See Grandee, we get out tomorrow to have fun. You can clear your whole chest then. I trust you'd be fine." Suzzy assured. "I'd be very glad to." I answered. "Enjoy your date!" I let out loudly before the call ended.

Ted came around with two plates of brown rice and meat sauce. I hesitantly took it contemplating his friendly gestures.
He moved away and sat on the other side of the sofa busily involved with his phone. He barely took a bite.

My rambling stomach sold me out. I was was super hungry and I had even forgotten to eat so in no time, my plate was empty.

"I see you've been starved." Ted confirmed.

"I know you have not been in a relationship until just recently. Is that it?" Ted asked with hidden concern. "Mmhm." I replied. "So all this has got to do with your man?" He continued interrogating. I rose my head sharply, staring at him with my eyes wide open. "What?! I can't imagine you with a girl so it's definitely a man... its not otherwise, is it?" Ted let out. I snapped out and gave in. "It's a man." I consented.

"I may not look concerned, but I am. You don't have to hawl all that in you." Ted consoled. "I'm here when you need someone to talk to." He added.

I refused the urge to ask him questions about his sudden maturity and mindfulness. I only noticed his change a short while before he picked me up at the restaurant the other night and I was curious but it was just fine to me that my roommate was back to his normal self. Probably because he had somehow gotten over drugs.

I nodded after a while full of thoughts.

I went to bed rather quickly that night. I wondered why it was so difficult to love. I mean, it's not a big deal for someone to avert his gaze with anger and disappointment while you pass by but someone you love in this case, was just something else.
I grabbed my laptop from the bedside table and visited my browser. "How to fall back from love." I searched.

I rubbed my hands through my hair in frustration. The only results displayed were in response to "how to fall back in love."  "Okay let's try again." I said to myself. "How to fall out of love." I rephrased.

"Acknowledge and face the reality." The first step suggested.
I tried relating it to Jaime. "What was possibly the reality I should acknowledge?"  I thought.
Well, I skipped to the next. "Talk it out and let it go." The second suggested. "So now I have to speak to Jaime about trying to lose feelings for him? Hell no! That won't work." I pondered.

I could not recall how I finally slept off. My light was off and I was fully covered in duvet and my laptop and beeping phone were lying on the bedside table. I figured Ted might've done that.
I rubbed my eyes vigorously and grabbed my phone to turn off the alarm. Lazily, I got up and prepared to meet up with Suzzy.

Ted was already awake and was on his laptop. He stopped to look at me when he realized my presence. "I'll be right back." I let out. "Stay safe." He concerned. "I will." I replied briefly.
Before going out through the door, I turned back. "Thanks a lot." I acknowledged hastily, slightly shivering and left without heeding his response.

I didn't see Mr. Ray's men around so I got a bit anxious.
Later in the cab, I realized the familiar black car follow behind. Well, I wish they hadn't followed. Even though I felt protected, I felt my privacy invaded.

"It seems you're fighting so hard against something. I feel it." Suzzy revealed. "And what's that ?" I asked. "I don't know how to give you the details." She replied
"Okay let's do something. I'm going to stay silent and you're going to open up and get everything off your chest." I already felt relieved. Anytime Suzzy said something like this something good came out of it.

I was a little bit laid back. I didn't want Suzzy to worry so much. "I met Jaime's bipolar mom when I was t supposed to and now he's mad at me that's all." I revealed briefly. "Oh! I see what it is. Having relationship issues already huh?" She joked. I forced out a small laugh. "Is that all?" She asked. "Yes." I replied.

"This shouldn't be something that should shatter you. Jaime can get mad at you for something that you do not even consider a big deal but it might be a big deal for him. Same can happen to you." Suzzy advised. "It happens so you just have to work things out and you'll be through in no time." She added.

"You should talk to Jaime, call him and meet up." Suzzy suggested. "But you said I shouldn't look too desperate." I replied. "Well, aren't you?" She teased. I nodded shamefully.

"Can you try out our new dish on the menu and give a review?" A gentle waiter walked up to our table and offered. He was holding a small white glass bowl with sample food and plastic spoons in his other hand. "We'd love to." I consented.
He set up a tripod before us and asked to record. Suzzy was a bit skeptical. "We'll get you a voucher to guarantee free food and services for the next three visits." The waiter chipped in. "Alright, go ahead with it please." Suzzy agreed.

"I love the flavors, they blend to give perfect taste. The grilled beef is ..." We were interrupted by the sound of glas crushing on the ground. "What the hell?! Why would you stain me with you clumsy ass." The loud rants followed. A customer was lashing out at another because he was stained by the wine while the glass fell. They had everyone's attention as the manager tried to resolve issues.

The was a firm grasp around my waist, my mouth and nose covered with a piece of garment. Suzzy was locked up in the scene and those professionals were not doing so good, they were locked up in the scene too. My vision got more blurr within seconds even before I could try screaming for help. Soon, I passed out.