Not Here

As Autumn fixed her makeup in the mirror she thought about what was to come. She wasn't new to these kinds of encounters, but she had never felt this nervous about one. She thought about the spark she felt when she touched his hand, the look they shared. Was this really someone she wanted to do in a bathroom?

Before she could think too much longer, she heard the door move slightly. She quickly lifted herself to sit on the bathroom counter, crossing her legs. But the door didn't open. Had he changed his mind just as he was about to enter?

It was then she heard a very drunk, very loud Marjorie.

"WINTAAAA" She slurred. Autumn couldn't help but laugh. "Where did you disappear to, I feel like I haven't seen you all night?"

"Oh, I was over at the bar with...myself. You know, just, recharging the social battery and...whatnot."

Marj barely waited for him to finish his answer before she had turned her attention to a different member of staff. He quickly finished his sentence and Autumn watched as he carefully slipped into the room. Her heart was in her throat as he turned to face her leaning back on the door.

Autumn hopped gracefully off the counter and started slowly making her way to him. She reached one arm over Winter's shoulder locking them in. The two were nearly the same height. He may have a quarter inch on her but in her costume heels she had the height advantage and she could tell he was into that. She stood up even straighter to continue her tease. Emphasizing the height difference before removing her shoes to come back down to stand face to face.

She didn't expect Winter to be the one to make the first move, grabbing her swiftly by the waist and pulling her as close as he could. They stood frozen in this position until finally he moved one hand behind her head and brought her lips to his. The kiss was explosive. The world around them seemed to melt away. Autumn was expecting something filled with drunken lust. Sure there was lust as they two refused to pull away even for air, but she felt so much more. She felt passion, fire, intensity. She'd never experienced this much intimacy with just a kiss. Nothing had ever felt this natural, this right.

Then she remembered where she was. The sudden realization that they were in a bar bathroom was enough to make Autumn pull away. She wanted this to continue, but not here. This felt too special for that.

"Winter." She whispered, not wanting to be heard if anyone was outside the door. "What would you say if I invited you back to mine?"

"I guess I'd have to say that I ordered a taxi before I even left my barstool and it's likely already outside."

Autumn buried her head in the man's shoulder to stifle a laugh.

"Well then...Do you want to slip out first or shall I?" And with that they finally broke from their embrace. Autumn unlocked the door and tried to hide herself as Winter opened the door and slipped back into the crowd headed toward the front door.

She'd done this enough times to know she had to wait to exit the bathroom to not cause any suspicions. Not that anyone was sober enough to really think about the implications of them leaving the restroom together. As she checked her makeup in the mirror she was thankful for the fact they were both in costume. Though the fangs made kissing difficult, the fake blood they were both sporting would conceal any lipstick smears she may have left on Winter.

After she felt enough time passed she opened the door as if nothing happened. She scanned the room and saw all her colleagues in various groupings paying her no mind. Without saying a word to anyone she made her way out the front door and into the waiting taxi.

She couldn't shake the feeling that this was the start of something.