Just Like Heaven

The ride back to Autumn's was quiet. Winter wanted to turn and take her right there in the cab but the driver constantly eyeing them in the rearview mirror kept him from it. The most he could muster was placing his hand on her thigh. She scooted closer to him as he did.

He knew Autumn was not one for physical contact. Or at least that's what she told everyone. She even refused hugs from the children opting for a high five instead. So watching her react positively to even the slightest touch from Winter made each moment that he was allowed to touch her feel even more special.

The taxi finally pulled up to Autumn's house. As they made their way inside Winter couldn't contain his shock as he looked around. He knew she was well off but seeing her home really put it into perspective. He couldn't help but compare her living situation to his own; a one bedroom bachelor pad. She had intricate antique dark wood furniture with accents of red around the living area. There were bookshelves lined with classics as well as an extensive record collection with some of her personal favorites on display. Many were his favorites as well.

"Are you a music fan, Winter?" Autumn asked as she saw him admiring the collection.

"Yes, very much so. I have a small collection of records myself. One of my favorite activities on a rainy day is to throw on a record and just sit with a cup of tea. You can't beat the sound of the vinyl crackling while rain falls on the roof."

"I couldn't agree more. Please feel free to throw something on."

He scanned the collection as he watched Autumn move to the large fireplace at the front of the room to get it started up. After finally making his selection he moved to join her on the sofa as the music began to play. He selected the album Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me by the Cure. By title alone it seemed more than appropriate. He decided to start on side C to make sure the first song playing was "Just Like Heaven."

It was the perfect backdrop for their first night together. To Winter the night had been heaven and it had barely gotten started. He thought about the lyrics as he looked at the gorgeous woman in front of him. Though this was one of his favorite songs he didn't think he'd ever fully understood it as much as he did at that moment. As the music swelled, Winter finally let himself go. He couldn't wait to kiss her even a minute longer. He pulled her into him and leaned back so she was on top of him.

The pair was taking things slowly. Each one seemed to be waiting for confirmation from the other whether they wanted to go further. They were fully entranced by their closeness until the music stopped. Winter got up to flip the record and when he turned around he found the confirmation he had been waiting for. His eyes locked on Autumn, who now stood without her costume skirt or tights, staring him down. With the same smirk she had in the bar, she once again wordlessly walked away, knowing without a doubt that Winter would follow her.

It all felt so natural. There was no awkwardness. Even with how much they had each had to drink there was nothing sloppy about their first time together. It was as if the universe itself was guiding their movements, each one able to find the other's sweet spots. Winter's weakness had always been his neck, Autumn's was her collarbone. Minutes turned to hours as they explored each other. Each being satisfied in ways they never thought possible.