I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song pt. 2

A/N - Yes I did another playlist chapter. BUT the last one was from Winter's perspective so we needed Autumn's. Really I just have a million more songs I associate with Wintum and want to share them with everyone. So let the week of mindless posts begin with me being a huge music nerd...again :)

Ever since receiving her playlist from Winter, Autumn had been wanting to return the gesture. She started working on it the second the final song he picked for her finished. There were so many songs that she linked to Winter and their relationship, she wanted nothing more than to share them with him. It took her about a month to compile but her response was finally ready. She couldn't wait for him to listen.

"The Only Exception" - Paramore

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now, I had sworn
To myself that I'm content with loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk

Autumn was always sure she would live her life alone. She'd never let herself get close enough to anyone that they could hurt her. Everyone who was supposed to love her either hurt her or left, and she didn't want to deal with that anymore. So after the only other serious relationship she had ended, she decided that she didn't have the energy to try to find anything serious anymore. But then Winter happened. She never expected to fall for someone as hard and fast as she did for him.

I've got a tight grip on reality, but I can't
Let go of what's in front of me here

Propinquity - Michael Nesmith

I know I've been blind
To not have loved you all this time
But the image of you wasn't clear
I guess I've been standing too near

Autumn and Winter were anything but love at first sight. The two butt heads immediately after she started working there. She wasn't lying the first time Marjorie asked her if she was seeing Winter, she didn't think he was her type at all. She did originally think that he was just sarcastic, mean, rude, obnoxious and arrogant. The difference with Winter was that there was so much more to him. When she got to know him he was also kind, caring, funny, and always took her needs and comfort into account. There were so many sides to him that she didn't know about just because they were together all the time in the nursery. She didn't need to talk to him because she saw how he acted with the parents. It only took one conversation outside the office to realize that he was, actually, perfect for her all along.

Oh, it's taken me a while
But I have finally found
What you are to me
And that's what really counts

Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop

I'd love 'em then I'd leave 'em alone
I didn't care how much they cried, no sir
Their tears left me cold as a stone

Before Winter, Autumn had plenty of one night stands. She never wanted to have an emotional connection with someone, so she figured she'd have as much fun as she could while she was young. She had money and she was attractive, it wasn't hard to find willing participants. And honestly she didn't know when the night started if that was her plan with Winter. As soon as he joined her at the bar she knew they were going home together, but it took until their hands touched over shots for her to even second guess her decision to just have her fun and leave. And once she kissed him in the bathroom, she was done for. There was no way this was going to only last Halloween night.

But then I fooled around and fell in love
I fooled around and fell in love

Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals