Paradox

Kevin drives down a desert road passing by a few cactus.

Kevin: You two didn't have to come Gwen and I could have handled this. It's nothing really...

Kevin stops in front of the wall.

Jen: It didn't sound like nothing. weird noises, unearthly lights, rumors of weird creatures out here.

Kevin: The guy's I heard it from aren't totally reliable.

Gwen: Isn't that like a big bad boy thing to do? Come out here to the ghost town to drag race.

Kevin: How should I know? I just know them from auto shop

The three glance over At the words "Kevin rules" Spray painted on the wall.

Y/n: Sure you do. didn't this place used to be a militarily facility?

Jen: Yeah Grandpa Max said Los Soledad used to be a big military base back in the 50s. Some kind of research facility.

Kevin: Yeah, Must have been some pretty serious research. Check
Out these walls 50 years later and there's still no way to get in.

Y/n: What about over there?

Y/n Pointed at Two large holes in the wall.

Kevin: No way! these weren't here.

Few minutes later

Kevin drives through the military base and stops next to a few houses. The 4 get out and looked around at the broken windows and damaged buildings.

Gwen: Did anyone notice some of them are vaguely person shaped?

Jen: Weird. Maybe something- I don't know- Burned Through the wall.

Kevin: Like what.

Y/n: Probably the same thing that made these

Y/n Motions to the weird trails on the ground.

Gwen: Look...

She points at two animal skeletons on the ground nearby.

Y/n: Is that a bird?

Jen picks up the lizard skeleton.

Jen: These are lizard bones. They're fossilized...

Gwen: And there not the only things.

She walks over to an old payphone and inspects it.

Gwen: It's like someone turned this slate into sand just by standing on it.

Kevin: He was probably on hold.

Jen: The trail goes over the police station, and then to those- I don't know I guess their apartments.

Kevin: Just to review someone stood here a million years ago and then walked to those buildings That were built fifty years ago?

Y/n: Someone with the ability to age things to the point that they become fossilized.

Jen: These could be signs of serious dnalien activity and it's up to us-

Gwen: Dnaliens are not doing this. Does that look like a dnalien to you?

Gwen points at a strange worm like creature heading towards them.