two - travis

The first night at Taylor's apartment did not go great. After she stormed out of the kitchen, I didn't see her the rest of the evening. I suppose I could have been nicer about it, but it was obvious she had no real instincts when it came to her safety and she needed to learn how to take care of herself.

I didn't fuck around. I protected my clients and I did a good job of it. No one ever had a bad word to say about me except the ones I did a better job than. I was the best, and no one had ever been harmed under my protection. But then again, no one had ever snapped back against me like Taylor Swift did. She had a fire I'd never seen in a client before, and I could tell it wasn't going to be easy to tame her. 

But I would. Her publicist had told me that she needed protection from the media, keeping her life private, keeping herself safe. And especially since her boyfriend had run out without a word, she'd have eyes on her wherever she went. It just pissed me off that she couldn't see the point in basic security. She'd just opened her door before with no regard for safety.

I spent the rest of the evening making a list of everything that needed to change in her apartment to be safer, and then I put in an order with my company for all the items on the list. They'd arrive sometime tomorrow and I could quickly install everything and make this safer. I was surprised that her apartment hadn't been broken into already.

When I woke up in the morning, it was to the sound of an insistent meowing from outside. Getting up, I opened the door and raised my eyebrows at the cat sitting outside Taylor's bedroom door. It looked at me and meowed again.

"Oh my god!" A voice exploded as Taylor's bedroom door opened. "Okay, fine! I'm up, are you happy now?" She grumbled at the cat.

Taylor looked like she'd fallen out of bed. Her blonde hair was tangled all over her face, little tank top tugged to the side slightly, tiny shorts ridden high up her thighs. I watched as she picked up the cat and the cat protested, wriggling. The blonde let out a sigh, putting the cat back down and tugging her shirt back into place. Then she glanced up and caught me looking.

"What?" She asked. "Was I supposed to ask her a security question before opening the door?"

"Good morning." I murmured, moving down to the bathroom without waiting for her response. 

I had a quick shower, wrapping a towel around my hips as I went back the bedroom Taylor had told me I could stay in. Getting dressed, I made the bed and then went down to the kitchen. Taylor was feeding her cats when I walked in, crouching down. God, there were three of them. Her publicist had told me she had cats, but I didn't know she had three. Jesus Christ.

"Morning." Taylor murmured without looking up. "Coffee machine's over there if you want some."

"Thank you." I nodded. "There's some things arriving today by the way; to update your security."

"Great, you gonna put bars on my windows or something?" She sighed, getting to her feet.

"No, but I'm putting a decent lock on your door and installing a camera you can hook up to your phone." I told her as I started to figure out her coffee machine. "And better locks for your windows." Taylor rolled her eyes at me and I raised my eyebrows. "Do you have a problem with security Miss Swift?"

She shook her head, narrowing her eyes at me slightly. I looked away, not wanting to engage with her. Taylor was trying to pick a fight, and I wasn't bothered with that. I didn't do things like that with clients. The only relationship I ever had with students was strictly professional, no friends, nothing more, and Taylor was trying to nudge at that. I wouldn't let her.

Pouring two cups of coffee, I slid one over to Taylor and took mine to the table. I took my phone out of my pocket, checking up on Taylor's schedule that I'd synced to my calendar. She had a fitting for a Vogue photoshoot in the afternoon, but apart from that she had nothing on today. Checking the name of the photographer and the head of costume, I did a quick background check on both of them to make sure there would be no problems. Just routine stuff.