twelve - travis

I heard Taylor talking with her mother at the door as she let her in, but I was rooted to the spot. She'd caught me off guard, whispered so close, peeking up at me like there was something intimate about us. I hadn't known if there was, just that there shouldn't be.

The right thing for me to do was quit and find another job, but the money paid so well working for someone so high profile, and I had grown to care for the blonde enough that I didn't want to leave. She was in pain right now and was responding to me, and I didn't want to leave her with someone else who might not do for her what she needed.

It scared me that in that moment, I'd wondered what her lips tasted like. But I shouldn't think that. Taylor was heartbroken, shattered from a broken seven year relationship, hurt, tired, and off limits. Of course I wanted something from the one person I couldn't. That was so damn typical of me.

Moving into the hallway, I greeted Taylor's mother with a kind nod but didn't stop, going down to my room and closing the door.

-

Before I knew it, January had come and gone. I helped Taylor with whatever she needed until she didn't need it anymore, and then we mostly went back to how it had been before. I was pretty sure she'd felt the moment too, and it had scared her as much as it had scared me.

"It's perfect!" Tree clapped her hands when Taylor came out during the final check for the Grammy's outfit she was wearing tonight. Taylor smiled tentatively, her lips painted red since they'd already done makeup and hair on her as well. They'd woven her hair up into a bun, and she wore huge chunky earrings that glittered silver against the deep blue of her two piece.

"How does it feel?" The designer asked, and Taylor nodded, murmuring something under her breath as they turned to look in the mirror. I watched from where I stood in the back of the room, dressed in my all black suit to mark me as security.

The Grammy's were pretty safe so I didn't need to be at Taylor's side. There'd be a lot of cameras on her, and she had a table with her friends. I was told to just keep an eye on things from the bottom of the stands, so it wouldn't be that much of a night for me. It was kind of cool to know I got to see the Grammy' though, since they were really huge.

"I could work with this so well for the glambot too." Taylor was saying. "Because I could turn and the skirt would like..." She gestured and Tree nodded, making a comment.

An hour later, we were getting out of the car and walking in towards the red carpet. Cameras were all over Taylor, the place crowded. I stood back on the edge as she walked the red carpet, slipping into her model mode, and I had to admit she absolutely killed it. She was gorgeous, and I swallowed as I watched her give a camera a knowing, sensual look that stirred heat in my body. Fucking hell, I needed to stop with the lusting feelings. The woman was off limits, but damn she made me want to forget I wasn't allowed her.

Soon enough, the awards were starting. The night passed slowly, and it was a great show. Taylor had won a ton of awards by the end of the night and looked like she was having a great time. The host joked around with her kindly, not rudely like other people did, and I could tell she appreciated that.

Then was the afterparty, where Taylor changed into a deep green dress that did amazing things for her body and terrible things for my mind. It was crowded and loud, and I made sure to keep an eye on the blonde as she weaved through the crowd. She spent time with a lot of different people but seemed relaxed and happy, having a few drinks throughout the night until she was a little loose. I could tell she was still in control though, so I didn't move to tell her she'd had enough.

"Hey!" Taylor found me just before one in the morning, just as the place started to clear out a little. "It's late." She was a little tipsy, but not too bad.