six - travis

Taylor denied my offer and walked off, leaving me standing there. I sighed but didn't want to push it, knowing she'd only rise up in defense if I did. Maybe she didn't need help; I was basing this off one day's worth of observing. Maybe Joe was just having a bad day and taking it out on her.

Either way, I had to drop it. I wasn't here to manage her relationship, just her safety. 

I moved to stand by the wall to wait for Taylor, keeping an eye on where we'd come from in case anyone else walked over. She remained in the bathroom for a few minutes and then emerged with a cool, casual expression on her face and nodded once at me. Without a word, I led her towards the theatre where most of the cast and attendees were already inside. 

"Hey, Taylor!" A woman in a silver dress raised her hand and Taylor smiled, walking over. I remained at the back of the theatre, standing out of the way, just keeping an eye on things.

Joe came in five minutes later, immediately locating Taylor and wrapping an arm possessively around her waist. They mingled for a few minutes before the lights dimmed slightly, so everyone went to find their seats. I waited until Taylor was sitting on Joe's right, a few rows in front and to my left before I sat down on the furthest seat on the right at the very back. The theatre wasn't even full, which I had to admit, didn't give me much hope. How could a film not even fill one theatre?

I didn't bother trying to watch it. From what I could see, it was rubbish, and I kept most of my attention on the blonde I was here to look after. I was being paid a hell of a lot to protect her since she was worth a stupid amount of money, so I'd do my damn job right. My eyes drifted from her to the screen a couple times, but I never got interested in the film. 

When the film was over, everyone clapped as they got up, starting to filter out. I stood, waiting until Taylor and Joe walked past before slipping into the line of people heading out. Taylor looked uncomfortable like she was in pain, but she was masking it pretty well. I watched her, trying to see if I could tell what was wrong, but I didn't have enough information. 

"Yo, you guys coming to the afterparty?" Someone clapped Joe on the shoulder. I raised my eyebrow; no one had mentioned an afterparty. 

"Yeah, course." Joe laughed.

"Umm." Taylor tugged on his hand. "Joe you never said there was an afterparty."

"Okay, well there's an afterparty." Joe rolled his eyes and a few people laughed. "Roll with it babe. We'll go soon okay, I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

Taylor's hands fell to her sides as he walked off, leaving her alone. She looked dejected but quickly composed herself and put a calm smile on her face. I watched as she looked around, locating me and slowly walking over. She almost looked guilty.

"I'm sorry I didn't know there'd be an afterparty." 

"You're not going." I said quietly.

"Yeah I figured you'd say that." Taylor sighed. "But yeah, I don't want to go anyway. Joe will try and drag me along though, so could you just..."

"Of course." I nodded and Taylor gave a weak, grateful smile. Joe came back a minute later, grabbing Taylor by the hand.

"Come on, afterparty's at Jade's." He said.

"Actually." I cut in. "Taylor's not going. It's a security risk because I haven't checked the place out and who knows who might end up going." Joe turned and looked at me like he thought I was beneath him, like he'd forgotten I was there. 

"Yes she is." He insisted, and I saw his grip on Taylor tighten. "You don't get to tell her what she can and can't do. She wants to go, so she's going."