ten - travis

"I'm telling you I didn't do anything to her." Joe said. "Do you really think I would do that to my girlfriend? We had a fight and she tried to set me up, I swear."

"Bullshit." I gritted my teeth. "You think she got those bruises on her neck by doing that to herself?"

"Alright, enough." The cop that had been waiting with us sighed. I'd called the cops on account of my claim that Joe had been abusing Taylor. Joe and I had been at each other all night trying to get them to believe us. "I'm going to talk to Taylor, and you two are going to stay here. If you leave, I will have grounds to arrest you." He told us as Quinn came down the hallway, and he motioned to her before she could speak.

Quinn nodded and took him down to Taylor's room. I sighed, sitting back down and glaring at Joe as he took his seat across from me. Then I had an idea and took my phone out, pretending to type while staring to record a video. If he said anything, I could use it against him and make sure he never touched Taylor again.

"They'll never believe you." I told him. "You can try, but I bet the marks on her neck will match your fingers."

"Everyone's fingers are the same." Joe retorted. "That can't prove shit."

"So what happens if she remembers what actually happened?"

"She won't, she hit her head too hard." The blonde smirked like he was proud of himself. "No wonder you're defending her so much; you're fucking her aren't you? She wouldn't admit it but I know it's true." I shook my head.

"I'm not in the habit of having relationships with the people I work with, but maybe that's something you're not familiar with. But I will make sure you never hurt her again."

"That bitch got what she deserved." Joe hissed, and I leaned forwards to get the best chance of my phone picking up his voice. "She knows she's not allowed to touch any guys, so I taught her a fucking lesson. If she's smart, she won't tell the truth even if she does remember. She loves me too much to tell them."

I smirked, nodding to myself as I sat back. Perfect. Joe blinked at me like he was confused at my reaction and I just shrugged, looking away. Idiot. He obviously wasn't smart at all. If he was, he wouldn't have said anything to condemn himself.

Twenty minutes later, the cop came back and said he couldn't get anything out of Taylor to back up my claim. I asked to speak to him, handed him the video, and five minutes later watched Joe being dragged out in cuffs. They thanked me for my help, apologized for holding me there, and took him away as I smiled to myself. Quinn agreed when I asked to see Taylor, and I gratefully went down to her room.

"Hey." Taylor whispered when I went in, and I smiled at her as I closed the door and went to sit next to her bed. She looked really beat up, but aware and as okay as she could be I guess.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" I asked.

"Rubbish." She groaned. "They said I just have a light concussion, some bruising and a few stitches in a couple different places. Nothing's broken." Her eyes blinked, vulnerable. "But I don't remember what happened." She whispered.

"Taylor you don't have to lie for him." I sighed. "They already arrested him and he won't ever touch you again." She might not have remembered anything when she'd first woken up, but I knew she did now. Taylor might not know, but she had a little tell when she was lying and I'd picked up on it early on. She always slightly fidgeted with her fingers.

Taylor swallowed and didn't respond. We just held each other's gaze and I knew she was trying to get me to break first, but I just held her eyes with mine and didn't move a muscle. Taylor's eyes blinked as a minute or two ticked by, and then she sighed, slumping back. I had her, and we both knew it. She nodded miserably.