seven - taylor

tw: domestic abuse and assault

Travis and I went back to the bodyguard/client thing after that. I was a little embarrassed that I'd tried to get to know him and he'd shut me down, but we didn't talk about it. He'd just been so nice to me, seemed like he wanted to talk, which I hadn't had with anyone in a long time. 

I wasn't that busy over the next three weeks, so I spent a lot of time either in my home studio or with Jack and Aaron at the one further into town when they were available. Once or twice I caught up with friends, but otherwise I just stayed at home reading, playing guitar or piano, not a lot. Joe was in and out a lot since his friends were pretty sociable but he never wanted me to go with him, so it was my job to wait up until the early hours of the morning until he came home drunk so I could take care of him.

On Friday night, Joe went out as usual and I stayed up, watching TV with the volume turned low since Travis had gone to bed and I didn't want to wake him. All three of my cats had found their way up onto the couch with me and curled up there, Benji on my lap, the other two on the cushions. I leaned against the back of the couch, my eyes drifting shut every so often so that I had to fight to stay awake. But I knew I had to stay up and wait for Joe, so I shook my head, blinking to keep my eyes open. 

Hours ticked by, and soon I gave in, turning the TV off and resting my head down. I knew he'd probably wake me up when he came in anyway, and he'd probably be too drunk to notice that I'd fallen asleep waiting and hopefully he wouldn't be mad. Hours of focusing in the studio had left my brain tired, and I just wanted to sleep, so I drifted off.

"Babe!" Something shoved my shoulder and I startled, lifting my head and blinking my eyes open to see Joe standing in front of me, his shirt half unbuttoned and smelling like alcohol. "I don't get why you fall asleep, it's not like you do anything all day." He grumbled. 

"Hi." I mumbled, ignoring his comments. Joe always said all sorts of things when he was drunk and I knew he didn't mean it. Rubbing my eyes, I got to my feet. "What time is it?"

"Time for this." Joe told me, grabbing me by the waist and kissing me roughly. I let him for a moment, but then he shoved his hands under my shirt and I shook my head, pushing at his chest.

"Hey, hey." I mumbled. "Not now."

"You always say that, come on." Joe grabbed my breasts, squeezing until I flinched in pain. "I know you want it babe, you're just playing hard to get." He kissed me again, shoving his tongue between my lips. I felt nothing, no attraction sparking to the way he kissed me like it used to. 

"Joe please, not tonight." I begged, pushing his shoulders back.

"Oh my god!" Joe snapped, slapping me sharply across the face. I gasped as he moved forwards, grabbing my wrists and shoving me back down onto the couch, pinning me there. "Do you ever stop whining Taylor?" He yelled at me as I flinched away, unable to move. "Do you know how much I do for you?"

"Yes!" I cried. "Yes, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"So stop fighting, because it's the fucking least you can do." He growled. "I love you, you know I love you. I'm only doing this because I love you." I nodded, tears spilling down my face as he kissed my neck roughly, still pinning my wrists down so hard it hurt.

Then Joe was yanked off me and tossed to the ground with a thud. I cried out, scrambling to sit up properly. Travis stood over Joe in nothing but a pair of shorts, glaring down at him. My heart was in my throat as Joe looked up at my bodyguard, a furious, stony look in his eyes. Slowly, he got to his feet, stumbling a little since he was so drunk.