twenty four - taylor

The only person I told about my pregnancy aside from my Mom was Tree, just because I knew she'd want to stay on top of the media if it leaked for whatever reason. She was so happy for me, making me feel a little better about not having Travis home yet, and her support and my Mom's meant the world.

Three weeks later when I was out at a park with Izzy, I got another call from an unknown number. My heart skipping a beat, I answered it, hoping and praying Travis' voice would be on the other end.

"Please be you." I whispered as I pushed Izzy gently on the swing.

"I'm coming home baby girl."

"Oh thank god." I breathed, almost dropping to my knees in relief. "Travis, my love, are you okay?"

"I'm okay." He said quietly. "I'm fine, and I'll be at the airport in an hour. Please tell me you'll come. I have to see you."

"Yes, yes, god of course." I nodded. "What gate? I'll be there."

"Thirteen." Travis told me, and I laughed.

"Of course it is." I shook my head. "We'll be there. I'm so glad you're okay. We'll see you soon."

"Soon." Travis whispered, and hung up.

My heart pounding in anticipation, I got Izzy out of the swing. Archie followed me back to the car and opened the door for us, wordlessly nodding when I asked him to take us to the airport. I'd be a little early, but I couldn't stand to wait another minute before going. Travis was coming home for me, for Izzy, for the baby he didn't know existed yet.

I'd gone to the doctor a few days ago and they'd told me I was at seven weeks, so I was almost eight now, almost two months. There was a little curve to my stomach that had started showing since I was so fit from all my training, and I absolutely loved it. I just hoped Travis would too. 

When we got to the airport, Archie walked with Izzy and I to gate thirteen. It had taken us almost forty minutes to get there so there wasn't that much time we'd have to wait, but I was still almost shaking with anticipation, still worried. I paced up and down with Izzy in my arms, barely able to contain myself. Izzy seemed to pick up that something was different and was looking around curiously. There were a few paps snapping pictures of us, but I didn't care.

Then the plane landed, and my heartbeat all but exploded out of my chest. I was fidgeting so much that Archie suggested he take Izzy so I handed her over, knowing the second I saw Travis I'd sprint into his arms. Archie seemed to find my antics amusing as I waited in agony for the plane to start letting people out, and I almost fainted with relief when the door opened and the passengers started walking down the steps.

I saw Travis the second he appeared. He looked exhausted, worn down, a cap low on his forehead, but it was him. I clutched at my hands as he slowly walked behind the line of people, through the gate. 

Then he was there, and he was looking up, around at the gate, searching. Tears welled up in my eyes as his eyes landed on me, and the I burst into tears, breaking into a run. Travis tugged his cap off, rushing to meet me as I threw myself into his arms. He lifted me off the ground with a breath of relief, wrapping my arms so tightly around me that I could barely breathe. I clung to him, sobbing, so glad that he was here and in my arms and safe.

"Tay I love you." Travis whispered. "I'm here, and I love you. I told you I'd come back and give you those words. I love you."

"I love you, I love you too." I sobbed, clinging to him as he hugged me tightly. "I love you Travis."

"God I love you my baby girl." Travis moved and kissed me hard, passionate, needy. I kissed him back with every ounce of relief and love that I felt having him with me again, not caring that there were eyes and cameras all over us. We were in love, and it was bursting out of us.