thirty - taylor

"Tay." A light voice whispered in my ear.

"Mhm." I sighed.

"Come on baby girl, wake up." Something soft pressed against my cheek.

"No!" I protested, throwing an arm over my eyes. "Too early."

I heard a light chuckle, and the weight on the bed shifted. Silence fell and I yawned, burying my face into my pillow. I started to drift back to sleep again, unconsciousness tugging at me, before I felt something flop down on the bed next to my arm and heard a little giggle.

"Mama!" 

"Oh alright, you got me." I smiled, opening my eyes and peeking up at Izzy who Travis had placed on the bed next to me. "Good morning sweetpea."

"Mama!" She giggled, shuffling and leaning over before falling on her face. I laughed, reaching out to cuddle her close. 

"Happy birthday my beautiful girl." Travis sat down on the other side of me, leaning over to kiss my forehead. 

"Oh." I groaned, wrinkling my nose as I remembered. "No thank you."

"What do you mean no thank you?" Travis laughed at me. "You can't just say no to your birthday Tay, that's not how it works." I grumbled, turning back over to bury my face in my pillow. Izzy laughed in my arms, playing with the locket hanging around my neck as I closed my eyes. 

"But I've got a present for you." Travis whispered in my ear before kissing my shoulder.

"Travis!" I whined, looking back up at him. "I said I didn't want any presents!" Normally I didn't mind my birthday, but I was turning thirty-four and I wasn't so happy about how old I was getting. I'd insisted that there was to be no presents, no party, nothing special.

"I know that's what you said but I think you're really going to want this." He told me, holding up a blank envelope.

I sighed, wriggling up and letting Izzy sit in my lap. Travis smiled when I took the envelope, shaking my head at him before sliding a finger beneath the opening. I ripped the envelope open, taking out what was inside. It was a printed letter, a few documents folded inside. Frowning, I looked up at Travis.

"Read it out baby girl." He told me.

"O-kay." I giggled nervously, putting the documents aside and opening the letter. "Umm..." My eyes scanned the first few works. "Dear Mr Travis Kelce, we have reviewed your request regarding the adoption of your daughter, Isabella Kelce, to put into place Miss Taylor Alison Swift as her legal mother and guardian." My breath caught, but I continued. "From the information you provided we are happy to tell you that we have put through the adoption. Included is an updated birth certificate for Isabella and all legal adoption and guardian documents stating that Taylor Swift is now her mother." Tears filled my eyes. "As you have indicated that Miss Swift will be taking your last name in your upcoming marriage, we have taken the liberty of documenting her last name as Kelce so that you will not have to update these documents again when her name changes. Travis." I looked up at him. "It went through?"

"It went through Tay." Travis reached out and took my hand. "Just got it this morning. She's legally your daughter."

"Oh my god!" I sobbed, lifting Izzy up to face me. "Did you hear that sweetpea?"

"Mama!" She reached out and I hugged her close, rubbing her back. "Mamamama." Izzy giggled as tears ran down my cheeks, and I smiled up at Travis. He was smiling at us, and when I looked at him he reached out and wiped my tears away.

"Okay." I admitted with a whisper. "This is the best birthday ever."

-

The three of us had breakfast in bed, and even though I groaned, Travis put a candle into some pancakes and made me blow it out and make a wish. Him and Izzy sang happy birthday to me, well, Travis sung while Izzy babbled along incoherently, but it was so cute I started to cry again. It was so sweet.