Chapter 38: A planned surpise

Four weeks later.

"Good! Do that with more power next time though!"Kyungmi yells as she watches closely and very professionally the dance routine of the seven boys in front of her.

Four weeks had passed since Jungkook got his life together and let go of the past.

It's been four weeks of trial with his parents and getting used to the fact that he has a real family to go to in times of need.

Eunjae was still thinking and unsure of what she wanted from their mother, which still saddened Kyungmi when all she wanted was both of her kids, but she understood. Yet, even if she understood, it still hurt.

Jungkook had been talking to his sister and always made sure to let her know that her unsureness was valid and that she could take her time. Which the older woman thanked Jungkook for. He knew she would soon figure out what she wanted.

It's been difficult to adjust but finally, the boy has been able to feel a weight off his shoulders and he is finally enjoying his time fully with his friends and improving his self-esteem.

Which speaking of, wasn't where he wanted it to be—there was still a long way, but he was getting there and that is all that mattered.

"Good Jimin and Jin!" Kyungmi tells nodding to the beat as the boys get close to finishing up their practice time. They had Butterfly down just right, but they were still trying to make baepsae as clean as they could.

"Nice perfect!" Kyungmi smiled and clapped as she stopped the music for the boys who turned around from their finished pose and looked at her as they tried catching their breath.

"Okay! I think that was an amazing double run-through of the song! You boys did exactly what I asked of you on the second run and for that I am pleased! I think you all need a little more breath control but it's not very noticeable. I suggest to keep trying to sing when working out or running to help. Everything honestly looks clean and well for this song!" Kyungmi comments to the boys with a smile as she folds her arms to her chest.

"I think you guys will rock this performance, and I'm mostly sure that you are going to be chosen by someone professional to go and work for them! That's it there's little to no mistakes since you guys try your best to fix anything I criticize, any questions?" She finished up.

The boys looked at each other to see if there were any questions they had and they all shook their heads.

"I think everything is clear, Mom. We will try to continue doing the breathing exercises," Jungkook replied, bringing a smile to her face by calling her mom. The boys awed hearing him say, Mom.

It made Kyungmi very happy whenever he did say it.

"Yeah professor, everything is good professor! I guess all we want to know is how do we not mess up or get nervous on stage. Maybe we can do amazing in rehearsal but what about when we go on stage? Jimin asked.

She thinks for a moment before responding. "You do get nervous and will get nervous. It's only natural. I mean you have many professionals and people who will come see you, but you don't mess up and get some confidence by believing in yourself and believing that you are capable," she continued.

"You also have to remember when you are on stage just why you are on it. You have to remind yourself just why you chose this and why you love it. Find your passion or remember why you have the passion for it and then just show it. That you can do it. It's hard, I know but you dig in deep," she gestures to her chest as a way of showing her words.

"You boys don't have to worry about messing up on stage because you won't. You will be nervous but not enough to mess anything up. You just have to remember why you chose this path, then go and show everybody why and how good you are," she says in a bright tone.