Chapter 14: Before it Vanishes

"You're a little more happy these days. It makes me happy. I was worried that you would stay in a sad mood for a while after what happened two weeks ago. Especially the day after that, you seemed a little gloomy!" Yugyeom says as he puts a plate of food in front of Jungkook and then on his end before sitting down.

"What do you mean by that? Also thanks for the food." Jungkook asks and thanks before he puts a bite inside his mouth.

"Please Jungkook, you may not know it but you seem a little more smiley and in a good mood recently. At least when you are around me, and them." He look at Jungkook when he says the word "them"

"Ever since that night you came from hanging out with the hyungs, you haven't been as down or as serious as you usually are. Not that I don't like a serious kook, because I do. But after what happened the day, before that day, anyone would feel a little run down and vulnerable. Which you were earlier, but then at night you were better and the days that followed after you seemed less tense after working. You also were more relaxed and positive when we hung out yesterday outside campus." Yugyeom tries explaining well to the other male.

Jungkook nodded, he hadn't realized that he felt less sad and tense this week. Hadn't realized that he's actually been in a good mood. It had been a while since he was a little happy, that he didn't realize he was a little happier. Though he didn't want to admit it. But everyone near Jungkook could see he was a little more brighter.

Yugyeom saw it the most. He was up late studying when Jungkook came in saying he was back. He came in with a small smile, which has surprised Yugyeom because ever since they became roommates, he had seen that every time Jungkook came back from classes or doing whatever he does he would come back with the same vibe and personality he has known from the younger. Gloomy, tense, and empty.

So to see Jungkook come back a little happy and obviously a little tipsy was a surprise for him and kind of scared him. He had for a minute felt scared that his roommate and now friend had dealt with the events that happened the day before by drinking. Even if Jungkook didn't show it, he knew the other was sad, disoriented, and disappointed with life the moment they had come back from the hospital. He had felt bad leaving him too to study but he also knew Jungkook needed space.

When he had come back that night he went to see the boy asleep, but he also had noticed the small trace of dried tears on his cheeks. Giving him confirmation he had cried. And that the fight he had with that guy mattered more than what Jungkook said and showed.

He didn't see him the rest of the day after the night. He was worried how the other would be the next day. So, feeling worried his friend had done just what he feared he asked why he drank. Only to be told that he had gone out with his hyungs, his team members, to a karaoke place after they worked on the project and drank a little. How he had fun.

The relief Yugyeom felt after hearing that made him feel more at ease on Jungkook's state. He was glad that the others had helped Jungkook out of his big slump that he sure he had that day. The slump he was in normally.

After that day,  Jungkook came back to the dorm, he would seem a little less gloomy each time. And it was always when he had one, talked with Professor Jang, or had just worked on his project with the hyungs. He was also starting to open a little more to him.