Chapter 35: Second Chances

Six months. It has been six months since Jungkook had last stepped foot in the house that he was standing in front of.

There was no change to it since the last time.

If he was honest, it felt strange to be back, but he couldn't find any better place to speak with his sister than at their home.

Although he doesn't stay there anymore, Eunjae for the most part still does. It was her comfort home, at some point it was his too, maybe it still was a tiny a bit.

Eunjae didn't mind talking at home, it truly was her comfort place, she acknowledged it, but it did shock her when the younger mentioned the idea. She thought he would pick some other place.

Although Jungkook chose it for some more comfort, that wasn't the only reason he chose their home. He knew it would be better talking to his father here too. Knew that he would come home earlier, which meant they would talk sooner than planned.

He took a deep breath and headed to the door. He knocked. He could have used his keys, the keys he still has, but he thought against it.

He waited for his sister to open the door.

"Jungkookie!" His sister greeted him happily and went in to give him a big hug. He hugs her back with the same energy. It felt good.

He needed that sibling warmth too.

"Come in! I had the maid prepare you the smoothie that you loved so much! Head in, don't forget this is still your house," she says pulling back as he nods.

Maybe it was, but a part of him also felt that it wasn't anymore.

He walked in, everything was still the same as what he had seen that night. Everything felt familiar.

"Jungkookie!" Their maid, Mrs. Shin said happily, after seeing the boy come into the kitchen.

"Wow, how handsome you've gotten. Even more than before! You dyed your hair too! It looks amazing!" She compliments as Jungkook bows with a smile.

"Hello, it's been a while, Mrs. Shin," he says and the woman goes ahead and hugs him. She had been with them for the past six years so they knew and trusted her a lot.

"We've missed you here so much boy, you have no idea! Have you been well? Have you been taking care of yourself okay? Your sister says yes, but one can't help but worry," she pulls away from the hug.

"I've been well, Mrs. Shin. I've had some pretty couple of rough moments here and then I won't deny, but for the most part, I think I've been better, happier," he smiled.

"How have you been? How have your family and kids been?" He asked.

"They've been very good thanks for asking! I've been good too so don't worry about me, boy! Anyway, I made your favorite smoothies and some snacks too! Your sister told me you were coming and we thought of all the things you love, I hope you enjoy it! I know it's short, but I should be heading out, however, I hope to see you soon again," she smiled as she ruffled the boy's hair who chuckled.

"Thank you, Mrs. Shin! I'm sorry it's short, I promise to come one day to catch up with you!"

"Hmm, I'll hold you on that! Anyways you guys enjoy!" She pats them both and they wave at her as she goes and gets ready to leave.

"So come on sit! Tell me, how was your trip? Did you have fun? Where did you go?" Eunjae asked with an excited tone as they headed to the dining area.

She wanted to know everything her brother had done. She was also hoping that such travel had helped his mental health a little more.