Two

Chapter 2: Breaking Chains

Madilyn Stark paced her room, her mind a whirlwind of thoughts. The weight of the conversation with Thor still lingered, and she knew the next step was to confront her father. She took a deep breath, steeling herself for the impending argument.

Madilyn found Tony in his workshop, surrounded by holographic blueprints and the soft hum of machinery. The room was a chaotic symphony of technology and genius, reflecting Tony's restless mind. He looked up as she entered, a smile touching his lips, though his eyes quickly narrowed in concern.

"Hey, Mads. What's up?" Tony asked, setting aside his work and giving her his full attention.

Madilyn hesitated, choosing her words carefully. "Dad, I need to talk to you about something important."

Tony's expression shifted to one of wary anticipation. "Sounds serious. What is it?"

Madilyn took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing heart. "Thor came to see me. Loki has stolen the Orb of Yggdrasil, and Thor needs my help to retrieve it."

Tony's face darkened immediately, a protective fire igniting in his eyes. "Absolutely not," he said firmly. "It's too dangerous."

"Dad, you don't understand," Madilyn argued, her voice rising. "Thor came to me because I have the knowledge he needs. I can help decipher the ancient runes and track Loki down."

Tony shook his head, his expression hardening. "I don't care what Thor thinks you can do. You're eighteen, Madilyn. This is not a game; it's life and death. Loki is unpredictable and dangerous."

Madilyn's frustration boiled over. "I'm not a child anymore, Dad! You can't keep me locked up in this tower forever. I have skills, and I want to use them for something important."

Tony's jaw clenched, his protective instincts warring with his rational mind. "Madilyn, you don't get it. You're my daughter. If something happened to you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I've lost too much already."

The room fell silent, the tension thick in the air. Madilyn's eyes softened, understanding her father's fear but resolute in her own determination. "Dad, I know you're scared. But I have to do this. The realms are at stake, and I can make a difference."

Tony turned away, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "I just don't want to lose you," he whispered, his voice cracking with emotion.

Madilyn stepped closer, placing a hand on his arm. "You won't lose me, Dad. I promise. But I need to be out there, helping. It's who I am."

Tony looked at her, his eyes filled with a mixture of pride and fear. "You're so much like your mother," he said softly, a bittersweet smile crossing his lips. "Stubborn and brave."

Madilyn smiled, a tear slipping down her cheek. "I take that as a compliment."

Tony's expression hardened again, his protective instincts overpowering his reluctance. "I can't let you go, Mads. Not this time."

Madilyn's heart sank, the weight of her father's words hitting her like a ton of bricks. "Dad, please. You have to understand-"

"No," Tony interrupted, his voice firm and unyielding. "This is final. You're staying here where it's safe."

The storm outside intensified, mirroring the turmoil in Madilyn's heart. She felt a surge of frustration and helplessness, her dreams of helping Thor slipping away.

"I can't believe this," she muttered, turning on her heel and storming out of the workshop. Tony called after her, but she didn't stop. The walls of Stark Tower felt like a prison closing in around her.

As she returned to her room, Madilyn's mind raced with thoughts of rebellion. She knew the stakes were too high to simply stand by. With or without her father's permission, she resolved to find a way to help Thor.

---

Words:
625