Twenty-one

Chapter 21: The Truth

Madilyn woke the next morning, feeling a sense of dread as she recalled the argument with Thor the previous night. She knew she couldn't avoid him forever, and the secret she had been harboring could no longer be kept from him. As the morning light filtered through the curtains of Loki's room, she took a deep breath, trying to muster the courage to face Thor.

Loki stirred beside her, his eyes opening slowly. "Good morning," he said softly, noticing the tension in her expression. "Are you alright?"

Madilyn forced a smile, though her heart was heavy. "I need to tell Thor the truth, Loki. I can't keep this from him any longer."

Loki nodded, understanding the gravity of her decision. "I'll be here if you need me," he assured her.

Madilyn got dressed and made her way to Thor's room, her steps slow and deliberate. She knocked on the door, her heart pounding in her chest. Moments later, Thor opened it, his expression a mix of surprise and residual anger.

"Madilyn," he said, his voice strained. "What do you want?"

She took a deep breath, her eyes meeting his. "Thor, we need to talk. It's important."

He hesitated, then stepped aside to let her in. She entered the room, the atmosphere thick with tension. They stood in silence for a moment, neither knowing where to begin.

"Thor," Madilyn started, her voice trembling. "There's something I need to tell you. Something I've been keeping from you."

Thor's eyes narrowed, his frustration evident. "What is it, Madilyn? What could be so important that you couldn't tell me?"

Tears welled up in her eyes as she gathered her courage. "Thor, I'm...pregnant."

The words hung in the air, the silence between them deafening. Thor's expression shifted from anger to shock, his eyes wide with disbelief.

"You're pregnant?" he whispered, his voice barely audible.

Madilyn nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Yes, Thor. I found out a few days ago, and I didn't know how to tell you. I was scared."

Thor's mind raced, a whirlwind of emotions crashing over him. Anger, confusion, fear, and love all battled for dominance. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he asked, his voice breaking.

Madilyn's shoulders shook with sobs. "I didn't know how. Everything has been so overwhelming, and I didn't want to burden you. I thought... I thought maybe I could handle it on my own."

Thor stepped forward, his hands gently cupping her face. "Madilyn, you don't have to handle this alone. We're in this together. I love you, and I want to be there for you and our child."

Her tears flowed freely as she leaned into his touch. "I'm so sorry, Thor. I didn't mean to shut you out. I just didn't know what to do."

Thor pulled her into a tight embrace, his own tears falling freely. "We'll figure it out, together. But please, never keep something like this from me again. We need to trust each other, especially now."

Madilyn nodded, her heart feeling lighter despite the weight of the situation. "I promise, Thor. No more secrets."

They stood there for a long time, holding each other, their bond strengthening in the face of this new challenge. Thor's mind was still reeling from the revelation, but his love for Madilyn and their unborn child gave him the strength to face whatever lay ahead.

As the day went on, Madilyn and Thor began to talk about their future, about how they would handle the pregnancy and what their lives would look like with a child. The initial shock and fear began to give way to hope and excitement.

Later that evening, they gathered the courage to tell the rest of the Avengers. The team had gathered in the common room, the tension from the previous night still lingering in the air. Madilyn and Thor stood before them, hands clasped tightly together.

"Everyone," Thor began, his voice strong and steady. "We have something important to share with you."

The team looked up, curiosity and concern etched on their faces. Madilyn took a deep breath, squeezing Thor's hand for support.

"I'm pregnant," she said, her voice trembling slightly.

The room fell silent, the gravity of the announcement sinking in. Steve was the first to react, a broad smile spreading across his face.

"Congratulations, you two," he said warmly, stepping forward to give them both a hug. "This is wonderful news."

The rest of the team quickly followed suit, their initial shock giving way to joy and excitement. Natasha hugged Madilyn tightly, her eyes shining with happiness.

"You're going to be an amazing mother," she whispered. "And we'll all be here to support you."

Even Tony, who had been so angry the night before, managed a smile. "Looks like the family is getting a little bigger," he said, his voice gruff but sincere.

As the night went on, the mood in the tower shifted. The team celebrated the news, their camaraderie and support lifting Madilyn's spirits. For the first time in days, she felt a sense of hope and optimism.

However, as the celebrations died down and everyone began to retire for the night, Madilyn couldn't help but notice Thor's lingering unease. She pulled him aside, concern etched on her face.

"Thor, what's wrong?" she asked gently.

Thor sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It's just... this is all happening so fast. I'm happy, truly, but I'm also scared. I don't know how to be a father."

Madilyn reached up to touch his face, her eyes filled with love. "We'll figure it out together, Thor. You're going to be an amazing father. And we'll have the support of our friends and family."

He pulled her into his arms, holding her close. "I love you, Madilyn. And I'll do everything I can to protect you and our child."

As they lay in bed that night, the weight of the day's events finally began to settle. Madilyn's mind raced with thoughts of the future, of the challenges and joys that awaited them. But with Thor by her side, she felt ready to face whatever came their way.

In the quiet darkness, Thor held her close, his hand resting gently on her stomach. "Our child," he whispered, a sense of awe and wonder in his voice. "We're going to be parents."

Madilyn smiled, her heart filled with love and hope. "Yes, we are. And we're going to be alright."

As they drifted off to sleep, the bond between them stronger than ever, Madilyn felt a sense of peace. Whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, their love and strength guiding them through the storm.

Words
1115

Any suggestions for the babies name?? :)