Thirteen

Chapter 14: Unforgiven

The next morning dawned with a tense atmosphere that permeated every corner of Avengers Tower. The mission debriefing had concluded, and everyone was trying to resume their routines. But there was a sense of unease hanging in the air, especially for Thor and Madilyn.

As they headed to the common area for breakfast, they were greeted by Tony's stern expression. He had noticed the subtle interactions between Thor and Madilyn, the shared looks, the gentle touches, and his suspicions had been growing.

"Thor, Madilyn, we need to talk," Tony said, his voice barely controlled.

Madilyn's heart sank, realizing that the moment she had dreaded was upon them. Thor nodded, trying to keep his composure. They followed Tony into one of the conference rooms, the air thick with tension.

Once the door was closed, Tony turned to face them, his eyes blazing with anger. "What the hell is going on between you two?"

Thor took a deep breath, stepping forward to protect Madilyn. "Tony, I can explain. Madilyn and I... we care for each other deeply."

Tony's face contorted with rage. "Care for each other? Do you have any idea what you're doing? She's my daughter!She's 18!"

Madilyn stepped in front of Thor, her voice pleading. "Dad, please listen. We didn't plan this, but it happened. We love each other."

"Love?" Tony spat the word like a curse. "You think you know what love is? You're just a kid!"

The argument escalated quickly. Tony's fury was unchecked, his words sharp and cutting. Thor tried to remain calm, but his own frustration was building.

"You can't control her life, Tony," Thor said, his voice steady but firm. "She's an adult. She can make her own choices."

Tony's eyes narrowed, and he took a step closer to Thor, his fists clenched. "You have no idea what you're talking about. She's too young for this kind of relationship, especially with someone like you."

Thor's own anger began to surface. "Someone like me? And what is that supposed to mean, Stark?"

Tony scoffed. "It means you're an alien god with a history of reckless behavior. She's just starting her life. She doesn't need it complicated by you."

Madilyn stepped forward, trying to defuse the situation. "Dad, stop. This isn't fair."

"Fair?" Tony's voice rose to a near shout. "What's not fair is that you think you can make decisions like this without considering the consequences!"

Thor's eyes blazed with anger now. "Madilyn has every right to choose who she wants to be with. She's not a child."

"She's my daughter!" Tony roared, stepping even closer to Thor. "And as long as she's under this roof, I get a say in what happens to her!"

Madilyn's frustration boiled over. "Dad, I'm not a prisoner! You can't keep controlling my life like this!"

Tony turned to her, his face red with fury. "I'm trying to protect you, Madilyn. From making a huge mistake."

Madilyn's eyes filled with tears, but she stood her ground. "The only mistake here is you thinking you can dictate who I love!"

Tony's rage reached a breaking point. In a moment of blind fury, he lashed out, striking Madilyn across the face. She stumbled back, more in shock than pain.She cried out and Tony didn't show any signs of regret.

Thor's eyes widened with horror and fury. He moved to shield Madilyn, his heart aching at the sight of her hurt. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

Tony seemed to realize what he'd done, but his anger didn't abate. "Get out, Thor. Now.GET.OUT."He screamed.

Thor looked at Madilyn, his heart breaking. "I'm so sorry, Madilyn. I'll be back for you."

With that, he left the room, his steps heavy with sorrow. Madilyn stood there, tears streaming down her face, her heart torn apart.Tony walked out of the room looking back at her."Bitch.." he whispered.
Madilyn fell to the floor feeling betrayed by her own dad.

---

That night, Madilyn found herself alone in her room, replaying the events of the day over and over in her mind. Her father's rage, Thor's departure, and the sting of betrayal all mingled together in a whirlwind of emotions.

There was a soft knock on her door, and she looked up to see Loki standing there, his expression uncharacteristically gentle. "May I come in?"

She nodded, unable to find her voice.Her eyes were tearstained and she was still crying.Loki entered, closing the door behind him. He moved to sit beside her on the bed, his presence oddly comforting.

"I heard what happened," Loki said quietly. "I'm sorry, Madilyn. You didn't deserve that."

She broke down then, the tears she had been holding back finally spilling over. Loki wrapped an arm around her, holding her close as she cried.She whimpered and fell into Loki's embrace.

"I don't know what to do," she whispered. "He's never been so angry at me like that before..?I just don't understand."

Loki's grip tightened slightly, his voice soothing. "You're stronger than you think, Madilyn. And you're not alone."

They sat there in silence for a while, the comfort of Loki's presence giving her a sense of solace she desperately needed. As the night wore on, her exhaustion began to catch up with her.Loki ran his hand through her hair and wiped her eyes.

"I can stay here tonight if you want," Loki offered, his tone gentle. "You shouldn't be alone."

Madilyn nodded, too tired to argue. She lay down, and Loki lay beside her, his arm still wrapped around her protectively. For the first time that day, she felt a small measure of peace.

---

As Madilyn drifted off to sleep, she thought about Thor, wondering where he was and if he was safe. Her heart ached with the need to see him, to hold him and tell him that everything would be okay. But for now, she found comfort in the warmth of Loki's embrace.

The night passed slowly, but the presence of Loki beside her kept the darkness at bay. They lay together under the dim light of the moon, their breathing slow and even. Madilyn finally felt the tension of the day start to ease, the pain of her father's actions dulled by Loki's soothing presence.

In the morning, the reality of the situation would set in again. But for now, in the quiet of the night, Madilyn found a fragile sense of peace, her heart held together by the kindness of an unlikely ally. And as she slept, her dreams were filled with hope for a better tomorrow, a hope that she clung to with all her might.

Words
1105