Five

Chapter 5: Fury of a Father

The early morning light filtered through the large windows of Stark Tower, casting a warm glow over the state-of-the-art technology and sleek furniture. Despite the serene setting, the atmosphere inside was anything but peaceful. Tony Stark paced back and forth in his workshop, his face a mask of anger and worry.

Tony had woken up expecting to have breakfast with his daughter, but when he went to her room, he found it empty. At first, he thought she might have gone out for an early walk or perhaps was in the kitchen. But after checking every corner of the tower and finding no trace of her, a sickening realization hit him. Madilyn was gone.

He stopped pacing and slammed his fist onto the nearest workbench, the loud crash echoing through the room. "Damn it, Madilyn!" he shouted, his voice raw with emotion.

Bruce Banner, who had been quietly observing Tony's escalating fury, stepped forward cautiously. "Tony, calm down. We need to think this through."

Tony whirled around, his eyes blazing. "Calm down? How can I calm down, Bruce? My daughter is missing, and you expect me to be calm?"

Bruce held up his hands in a placating gesture. "I understand you're upset, Tony, but we need to figure out what happened. We can't afford to let emotions cloud our judgment right now."

Tony took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. He knew Bruce was right, but the fear and anger swirling inside him were almost too much to bear. He turned to the computer, quickly pulling up security footage from the tower. As he scanned through the footage, he saw the moment that made his blood boil: Madilyn leaving the tower with Thor.

"That son of a-" Tony muttered under his breath, his hands clenching into fists. He turned to Bruce and the other Avengers who had gathered in the workshop. "Thor took her. He knew I didn't want her involved, and he took her anyway."

Steve Rogers stepped forward, his expression calm but concerned. "Tony, we need to get all the facts before jumping to conclusions. Maybe Madilyn insisted on going. You know how determined she can be."

Tony shook his head, his anger not abating. "Determined or not, Thor had no right to take her. She's just a kid. She doesn't understand what she's getting herself into."

Natasha Romanoff, leaning against a wall with her arms crossed, spoke up. "Madilyn is smarter than you give her credit for, Tony. She's been trained by the best, and she's capable. But I understand your concern. We need to find them."

Tony nodded, his jaw set in determination. "You're right. We need to find them and bring her back. Thor thinks he can just ignore my wishes and put my daughter in danger? Not on my watch."

He started issuing orders, his mind working at a furious pace. "Jarvis, scan for Thor's unique energy signature. Track any recent Bifrost activity. We need to know where they went."

"Yes, sir," Jarvis replied, his voice calm and efficient. "Scanning now."

As the AI worked, Tony turned to the rest of the team. "We need to be ready for anything. If Thor took Madilyn to one of the other realms, they could be in serious danger. Loki is still out there with the Orb of Yggdrasil, and who knows what he's planning."

Clint Barton, who had been silent until now, spoke up. "Tony, we'll find them. But we need a plan. Running in blind won't help anyone."

Tony nodded, though his anger still simmered beneath the surface. "I know, Clint. But every minute that passes is another minute Madilyn is out there, possibly in harm's way."

A soft chime interrupted them as Jarvis spoke again. "Sir, I have located the last known Bifrost activity. It appears Thor and Miss Stark traveled to Alfheim."

"Alfheim?" Tony repeated, his brow furrowing. "Why would he take her there?"

Bruce stepped forward, his tone thoughtful. "Alfheim is one of the safer realms. Perhaps Thor wanted to ensure she was safe while they regrouped. It's a realm known for its beauty and tranquility."

Tony's eyes narrowed. "Safe or not, she's still in danger as long as Loki is out there with the Orb. We need to get to Alfheim and bring her back."

Steve placed a hand on Tony's shoulder, his voice steady. "We will, Tony. But we need to be smart about this. We'll assemble a team and go to Alfheim. But first, we need to ensure we're prepared for anything we might face."

Tony took a deep breath, nodding reluctantly. "Alright. We prepare. But we move fast. I'm not losing my daughter."

As the team dispersed to get ready, Tony stood for a moment, staring out the window. His mind raced with thoughts of Madilyn-her bravery, her determination, and her infuriating stubbornness. He knew she wanted to help, but the thought of her facing such dangers was more than he could bear.

"Hang in there, Mads," he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of fear and resolve. "I'm coming for you."

---

In the midst of the bustling preparations, Natasha approached Tony, her expression serious. "Tony, we need to consider the possibility that Madilyn might not want to come back. She's out there because she believes she can make a difference."

Tony's eyes flashed with anger. "I don't care what she thinks, Natasha. She's my daughter. My responsibility. I can't let her put herself in danger like this."

Natasha sighed, understanding his fear but knowing the reality of the situation. "Just remember, Tony. She's not a little girl anymore. She's strong and capable. We need to respect her choices, even if we don't agree with them."

Tony didn't respond, his mind too consumed with worry. He knew Natasha was right, but the thought of Madilyn out there, facing unimaginable dangers, was almost too much to bear.

As the team finished their preparations, Tony gathered them in the central command room. "Alright, everyone. We're heading to Alfheim. Our primary objective is to find Madilyn and bring her back safely. But we also need to be prepared for any threat Loki might pose."

Steve nodded, his expression resolute. "Understood. We move out as soon as we're ready."

Tony glanced around at his friends, his team, feeling a surge of gratitude. He knew they would do everything in their power to help him find Madilyn. "Thank you, all of you. Let's bring her home."

As they made their final preparations, Tony couldn't shake the feeling of dread that had settled in his chest. He knew the journey ahead would be perilous, but he was determined to do whatever it took to protect his daughter.

The Quinjet was prepped and ready, and the Avengers boarded, their expressions a mix of determination and concern. As they took off, Tony stared out the window, the city of New York shrinking below them.

"Hang on, Mads," he whispered again, his voice filled with a fierce determination. "I'm coming for you. And I won't let anything happen to you."

As the Quinjet soared towards Alfheim, the team prepared themselves for the challenges ahead. They knew the road would be tough, but they were ready. Together, they would face whatever dangers awaited them, driven by the unbreakable bond of friendship and the determination to protect one of their own.

And as Tony stared out into the endless sky, his thoughts were only of his daughter, his resolve unwavering. No matter what it took, he would find Madilyn and bring her back safely. The fate of the realms might hang in the balance, but for Tony, nothing mattered more than the safety of his child.

---

Words:
1291