11

'You'll find me on my tallest tiptoes
Spinning in my highest heels, love
Shinning just for you'

The trumpets were playing and there were cheers all around the stadium. Cedric had just walked out with his father.

"I don't want to do this," I whispered to Harry.

"I know. Come on," He said, pulling me along as Fleur went out. The stadium again erupted in cheers. Krum went out, following Karkaroff, then Dumbledore.

"You first," I said, pushing Harry after Dumbledore.

He stumbled out, Dumbledore holding him for a second, then letting him go.

I walked up to Dumbledore.

"Good luck, Aurora," He muttered into my ear.

"Thank you, professor," I replied, emotionless. He then gave me a little push to walk fully into the arena. Cheers erupted again.

I stood, dressed in a Gryffindor long sleeve and black joggers, next to my brother and Cedric. We faced the crowd while Dumbledore got on the stand.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled, the music and cheers stopping, "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as... Mr. Diggory..."

The crowd erupted into cheers at his name, Mr. Diggory grabbed Cedric's arm, holding it up.

"And Miss Potter..."

The crowd erupted into cheers again. Finally, I cracked a smile. I looked into the crowd, seeing Hermione and Ron cheer the loudest. I looked to the opposite side of the stadium, the Slytherins. Draco Malfoy sat with an uninterested look on his face. We made eye contact and I rolled my eyes with a slight smile.

"...Are tied for first, they will be the first to enter the maze," Dumbledore continued, "Followed by Mr. Potter."

Hogwarts went up into cheers again.

"Mr. Krum..."

Durmstrang went up into cheers, Karkaroff yelling as well.

"And Miss Delacour."

Some of Hogwarts and all of Beauxbatons cheered loudly for her.

I looked to behind Krum and Moody was hobbling out of the maze.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!" said Dumbledore, the arena cheering, "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants! Gather around. Quickly!"

All five contestants, including me, hurried over to Dumbledore. He brought us in, putting his arms over Fleur and Krum. I stood in between Cedric and Harry.

"In the maze..." He whispered, "You'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people... change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way."