17

'Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Something's gone terribly wrong
You're all I wanted'

Dear Draco,

I've realized over this summer that I guess I need you in my life. And not as an enemy. It's hard to live without you. I don't know why. I don't know why I need to be around you.

I'm writing this, but I know I won't send it. They're probably at Malfoy Manor like you told me and it could get intercepted.

But still, I just wanted to delude myself that you would read this. Even though if we weren't in this situation I still wouldn't send it. It's embarrassing because you know, we're still 'enemies' or whatever.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

Well, I... annoyingly... miss you. And your presence. I'm... unfortunately... excited... to see you.

Things are getting darker.

I just want to live my life without constant fear and anxiety about what's to come.

But disgustingly, with you, I think I'll be just fine.

                 Sincerely,

                        Aurora Potter

Dear princess,

I can't address this to your actual name in case anyone saw. But I wouldn't send it anyway. They check everything that comes in and goes out.

Happy birthday. You're sixteen now.

I wish I could say it to you. But I can't.

Everything's gone bad. They're making me do something I don't want to do. And I hate myself for it.

My dad's gotten locked up. I'm sorry.

I'm such a coward. I can't stand up to anybody. I wish I were like you.

But there is nobody like you.

You're perfect.

I need you. So bad. I know it's wrong. You're like a muggle drug. Addictive, you know? Or whatever they say.

You have to stay away from me. I have to distance myself from you. You're not getting hurt because of me.

      Never going to send this,

                                     D.M.

This summer has been long, and it wasn't done yet. Terror has stricken London. All of the United Kingdom, really. Actually, more like all of Europe. No, more like the entire world.

Harry and I were currently sat at a restaurant in a train station. It was August 23rd.

He was reading a paper about us. I was reading my book. The paper called us the 'Chosen Ones'.