22

'All of the silence and patience, pining and desperately waiting
My hands are shaking from all this'

"What... what are you saying?" He was shocked.

"I saying I love you," I responded. And it was true. I loved him. Even if he were a Death Eater.

He stared at me, looking me up and down for what felt like an eternity before saying, "What are you on about? We hate each other."

"No matter how many times you've hurt me, my brother, and my friends, I still love you. I even smelled you... in the Amortentia," I confessed.

His face dropped into a look of concern, "...W-what? No... you didn't."

He shook his head and wouldn't make eye contact anymore.

"I did, Draco," I said softly, taking a step closer to him.

"This isn't right.... It's not right," He mumbled, turning away from me.

"What isn't right?" I asked, trying not to get him upset. He was quick to anger, even more now than before.

"Because I smelled you too!" He yelled, slamming his fist down on the railing. I jumped, my lips parting slightly.

"... You smelled me?"

"Fuck!" He yelled, spinning around to face me, "Yeah. I fucking smelled you, alright!?"

He ran his hands through his hair angrily.

"Calm down," I said, backing away a few steps.

"No! I hate you, and you hate me! That's how it is! You drive me mad, and I drive you mad! Ever since first year, we've driven each other insane!" He yelled, throwing his hands in the air.

"I know, but maybe it wasn't meant to be that way," I offered, coming closer to him.

"Potter, stop. Stop. I'm not good for you," He sighed angrily, looking into my eyes.

I glared at him, "You don't know what's good for me and what's not!"

"I know a bloody Death Eater isn't, Aurora!" He yelled, ripping his sleeve up to show me. My eyes widened as I stared at it. The Dark Mark. It was right there. Everything Harry said was true. He continued, "Yeah, I'm a Death Eater!"

His eyes were starting to water.

"Harry was right," I shuddered, not making eye contact with him and taking a few steps back.

"I'm a Death Eater! Now you know! I hate myself and how I'm such a coward, how I didn't even do anything to stop them! It doesn't fucking come off. A-and I-I... I can't...." He broke down, tears falling from his eyes.

Something came over me as I looked up from his mark and to his face which stared at the ground.

I walked over to him, pulling him into my embrace. Then, soon after, he wrapped his arms around me.

He started crying. Bawling.

"I don't care about that, I don't care what you are. I love you for you."