21

'And it's hard to be at a party when I feel like an open wound
It's hard to be anywhere these days when all I want is you'

It was the next day. Thankfully it was Sunday. Tomorrow, I'd have to go back to classes. And I would have to face that dreadful human. Malfoy, if you didn't get what I meant.

Hermione and I were currently going shopping for dresses. The party was only four days away!

"I'm getting major deja vu, it's like fourth year all over again," I said, holding her arm in mine as we trotted through the snow, "This time, you better not leave me to get sweets."

"Don't worry, I won't," She laughed, "Anyway, I have to rant."

"Alright, well go on," I urged.

"This morning, that bloody... rat... took the bathroom for TWENTY MINUTES to do her hair. Twenty."

"She's been extra careful with her looks ever since she started fancying Ron, eh? No amount of time can help her at this point," I snorted, gasping and covering my hand over my mouth, "Oh, that's terrible!"

"You said it!" Hermione giggled, making me laugh and soon we were in a fit of laughter all the way to the dress shop.

I opened the door for her.

"Thanks, Rora," She nodded.

"Anything for my favorite witch," I smiled, going inside the dress filled room with her.

"Back again, Miss Granger and Miss Potter?" The same lady from last time appeared, a soft smile on her face and holding a dress in her hand.

"You remember?" I asked.

"Of course I remember. I remember everybody who comes into this shop," She smiled, walking over to us, "Come over, come over."

Hermione and I looked to each other with smiles, then followed the lady.

"What colors were you two thinking?" She asked, turning back to us.

"Erm, I'd say green for me, I think," I said. I wanted to match Blaise, sort of, and what better way than to wear green? (It was definitely not to mess with Malfoy, no, not at all.)

"Wonderful!" She clapped, "That would suit you just fine, dear! And you, Miss Granger?"

"Pink, for me," My best friend replied.

"That's great. Miss Potter, green is over here if you want to look. Miss Granger, pink is over there. I'll be right at the countertop if you need me," She said, walking over to her countertop.

I walked to the section of green dresses, running my hands through them. I didn't want too long, it wasn't that formal. But I also didn't want too short. I didn't want design, just something basic.

My fingers slid across a silky smooth emerald green fabric. I pulled it out to examine it.

It was beautiful. Knee length, spaghetti strap, slip dress. I wanted it.

"Hermione..." I muttered, "I think I found mine."

"Already? You don't even want to try on any others?" She called.