15

'You know how much I hate that everybody just expects me to bounce back
Just like that'

Weeks had gone by. It was going good. We beat Ravenclaw, then beat Hufflepuff and won the cup. Slytherin didn't even beat Hufflepuff. Ha.

Right now Harry and I were giving a lesson on Patronus's, which reminds me. Do you remember how Malfoy saved me in third year from the dementor? By his Patronus. It was a peacock, right?

"Make it a powerful memory. The happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up," I instructed. To produce my Patronus I thought of my first year when I saw the castle.

"Keep trying, Seamus!" Harry exclaimed, "Your turn George. A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce. But shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents. Fantastic, Ginny!"

Ginny had produced a full-bodied stallion.

"Well done!" I complimented, "Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused. So focus."

I watched as Hermione's otter followed her in circles.

"That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I want to show mine, but it's just scary," I said.

"No! Go on, really!" Neville said.

"Yeah! We want to see!" A boy from Ravenclaw said.

"Alright. If you say so," I shrugged, "Expecto Patronum!"

I don't know why, but my mind went to Malfoy.

A silvery blue beam shot out of my wand, turning into a ginormous flying Hungarian Horntail. It roared and people started to back up like they were scared.

"No, don't worry. She won't hurt you, right girl?" I giggled, looking to the dragon. She burped up fire.

People started to laugh.

"Go on now. This is really advanced stuff, guys," I said, getting back to instructing and teaching. My dragon disappeared.

"You're doing so well," Harry said.

People were getting the Patronus charm, and I was loving every bit of it.

Abruptly, the room started to shake and rumble.

My smile dropped.

The lights started to shake and flicker.

"Alright, don't worry. Come in, everybody. Gather in," I calmed people down, ushering them in.

All of a sudden, the mirror started to shake. It shattered.

Only a brick wall was left.

Harry, Nigel, and I stood at the front of it.

Nigel went close to a hole.

I pushed him out of the way, looking through it.

"I'll make short work of this," Umbridge said, holding her wand at the hole.

I rolled my eyes.