20

'And you can aim for my heart, go for blood
But you would still miss me in your bones'

It was our first party with Slughorn and his club. He called it, 'The Slug Club'.

Right now, I was sat in between Harry and Hermione and all members were eating ice cream.

"So tell me Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn asked a smirking Cormac McLaggen.

"Yes, sir. In fact... I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister for Magic over the holidays," Cormac said, smirking at Hermione. Ew.

"Oh, well. Be sure to give them both my best. And what about your uncle, Belby? For those of you who don't know, Marcus's uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?" Slughorn asked, cringing at Marcus Belby, who was going at the ice cream with his napkin wrapped around his neck like a bib.

"Dunno. Him and dad don't get on. Probably because me dad says potions are rubbish. His only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day," Belby said, stuffing his face with ice cream.

I sighed, putting down my spoon. I've just lost my appetite.

"What about you, Miss Granger? What exactly does your family do... in the muggle world?" Slughorn asked.

"My parents are dentists. They tend to people's teeth," She said, putting her spoon down.

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?" The professor asked. I looked to Harry and saw that he was smirking. I bit my lip to stop from laughing.

"No. Although, one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches," Hermione chuckled.

Nobody laughed so I forced a fake laugh.

I looked to Blaise Zabini and we made eye contact. He was trying to hold his laugh in by pinching his nose.

"Ah, Miss Weasley! Come in, come in," Slughorn said, the door opening. Ginny stood there.

"Look at her eyes," Hermione whispered, "They've been fighting again. Her and Dean."

Sure enough, the girl's eyes were bright red.

She walked in, moving to the chair next to Harry.

"Sorry, I'm not usually late," She chuckled breathily. Harry all of a sudden stood up and made eye contact with her. I bit my lip even harder from trying not to laugh as he awkwardly sat back down.

"No matter. You're just in time for dessert. That is, if Belby's left you any," Slughorn said, wheezing.

My eyes flashed to Hermione and she too was struggling not to laugh.

I looked to Harry.

"What?" He snapped.

"Nothing," I giggled, turning away from him.

Mistake, because I saw the most unpleasant sight. McLaggen was licking his finger to seduce Hermione. EUGH.

It was FINALLY time to leave but Harry told me we had to stay behind.