19

'You can aim for my heart, go for blood
But you would still miss me in your bones'

So, I was just notified around twenty minutes ago that I was captain of the quidditch team!!! Thanks so much, Dumbledore!

It's been a few weeks and sixth year was off to an okay start. Draco hasn't talked to me since he yelled at me. Well, really talked. He just mumbles rude things in DADA and I tell him to shut up and then he does. We haven't had any of partner assignments yet, thank goodness.

Well, anyways, back to quidditch.

I was holding tryouts and Harry was my co-captain. Ginny was his understudy in case we needed to leave quidditch, because merlin knows we're gonna have to for something this year.

"Alright, um. Okay, so this morning we're going to be putting you all through a few drills just to assess your strengths. Ah. Quiet! Please!" Harry yelled. I decided to make him to the talking because I thought it was funny. Now, not so much.

All of the people who were trying to try out were yelling and frolicking and only Ron and Ginny were paying attention.

"Shut it!" Ginny yelled. The team stopped and looked at Harry and I.

"Thanks, Gin. Alright. Now then, remember, just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear? Good," I said. My flying number was 13. That's what it's always been.

I made the team start to set up a scrimmage drill. Ron was keeper at one end and Cormac McLaggen at the other. I HATE HIM. But he is a decent keeper.

I watched Ron block a quaffle and struggle to stay on his broom.

"Come on, Ron," I muttered.

I looked to McLaggen again and he completely moved out of the way of a quaffle. He looked entirely confused.

"McLaggen, you alright?" I yelled. He nodded confusedly.

So, tryouts went well.

The team line up is:

Me as chaser, Harry as seeker, Ginny as chaser, Ron as keeper, Ritchie Coote as beater, Jimmy Peakes as beater, Katie Bell as chaser. Cormac was backup keeper. Ugh. (It was literally my decision).

Ron was very cocky about making the team this year.

"I have to admit I thought I was gonna miss that last one. I hope Cormac's not taking it too hard. He's got a bit of a thing for you, Hermione. Cormac," Ron said. He was sat on the sofa with his arm wrapped around me. Hermione and Harry were sitting on the ground. We were in the common room.

Hermione put down her newspaper, "He's vile."

"Isn't that the truth," I muttered.

"Have you ever heard of this spell? Sectumsempra?" Harry asked, showing Hermione a page in his book.

"No, I haven't. If you had a shred of self respect you'd hand that book in," Hermione spat, going to read her paper.

Harry was now top of our potion class thanks to his new book.

"Not bloody likely. He's top of the class. He's even better than you, Hermione. Even Rory! Slughorn thinks he's a genius," Ron scoffed.