43

Chapter 43 Return to school

After You Ming left, Gu Yun spent her days at home in boredom. Actually, You Ming was not a talkative person, but when the two were together, they never felt bored. Sometimes, a look or a small gesture from each other was also very warm. Gu Yun felt very magical, as if as long as he was by her side, she could calm down no matter what she encountered. In her previous life, she would never have thought that one day someone would give her such a strong sense of security.

After You Ming left, Gu Yun would go to the brigade headquarters from time to time to call him and chat with him. But usually Gu Yun would chatter about interesting things at home, and You Ming would smile from time to time or tell her to be careful and take good care of herself. Gu Yun always heard his tired voice and knew that he was very busy at work, so she gradually called him less and less.

Half of the summer vacation had passed in a flash, and there was still half a month before school started. Gu Yun was bored at home, so she decided to go to City B in advance to give You Ming a surprise.

When she left, Liu Hehua was very reluctant to let her go, and she kept lamenting that her daughter had grown up and she could no longer keep her. Gu Yun felt very embarrassed, and she quickly comforted Liu Hehua, saying, "Mom, my brother is still at home. Besides, I'm not not coming back, what are you doing?"

Liu Hehua stared at her, "You are you, your brother is your brother, how can a son and a daughter be the same. He will still stay at home when he gets married in the future, but you are going to get married and spend less time at home!"

Gu Yun knew that she was wrong, so she chuckled twice and didn't talk back.

Liu Hehua patted her on the back and suddenly said in a serious tone: "Watch your luggage on the way. Don't mess around with Teacher You when no one is watching you there, understand?"

Gu Yun: ...

"Mom! What are you talking about? Am I the one who messes around?" Gu Yun was embarrassed by what Liu Hehua said. She and You Ming had only kissed at most, and both of them were very sensible and did not cross the line. She added: "Even if you don't believe me, you should believe Teacher You. Didn't you like him very much in the past and always praised him? Why do you complain now that such a good man wants to be your son-in-law?" Liu Hehua talked to Gu Yun a lot after You Ming left.

"The past is the past. Now I see him as my son-in-law. How can it be the same?" Liu Hehua said, nodding Gu Yun's forehead with a look of regret. "I thought you were well-behaved before, but now I think you are the most reckless person!" She added, "Tell me, what's the matter between you and Teacher You. He seems to be a stable person, how come he is the same as you..." She always felt that the age difference between the two was a bit big, and she was still upset about You Ming secretly talking about a date with her daughter.

Seeing that she was going to continue, Gu Yun hurriedly said, "Hey? Mom, my car seems to have arrived, I'm getting in the car! You stay at home and take good care of yourselves, and let my brother accompany you well!" After that, she ran into the crowd and disappeared. Only Liu Hehua was left sighing on the spot, a girl can't be kept at home!

After arriving in City B, Gu Yun went directly to You Ming's house. You Ming often worked overtime before, and he gave her the key to his house in case he was afraid that he would not be there when Gu Yun came on weekends.

She took a shower, changed her clothes, and saw that it was still early, so she went out to buy some ingredients and stewed some porridge, planning to send it to him later. Speaking of which, this was the first time that Gu Yun went to You Ming's workplace to find him. She couldn't help but smile when she thought of You Ming's expression when he saw her later.

Because it was summer vacation, she walked for a long time after arriving at school before she found a student and asked, "Classmate, where is the office of your Physics Department teacher You?"

The male student was also a science and engineering major. It was rare to see a female student as smart and beautiful as Gu Yun. He was very attentive to show her the way and enthusiastically sent her to the door of the office.

The door of the office was tightly closed. She stood at the door for a while before knocking.

Gradually, footsteps came to the door. Gu Yun took the porridge in her hand and was ready to give You Ming a surprise, but she saw a beautiful woman with wavy hair, light makeup, charming eyes, and full of femininity who opened the door. The smile on Gu Yun's face suddenly became a little awkward, and she said, "Excuse me, I'll look for You Ming."

You Ming didn't look outside the door at first, but turned his head when he heard the voice. When he saw that it was really Gu Yun, a smile appeared in his eyes, and he said, "Xiao Yun? Why are you here?" He walked over and led Gu Yun in, and then he remembered that there was another person in the office. He said to Zeng Yan, "You go first, we'll talk tomorrow."

Zeng Yan looked at You Ming, and then looked at Gu Yun with her beautiful eyes for a moment, and smiled meaningfully, "Okay, we'll talk another day. I just don't know who this person is...won't you introduce her to me?" She looked at You Ming again.

Gu Yun didn't know why, but she felt that the way she looked at people made people feel very uncomfortable, and there seemed to be a hint of hostility in her eyes.

You Ming paused, as if he didn't want to talk more, and only briefly introduced: "My fiancée, Gu Yun."

"My former classmate, Zeng Yan."

When You Ming mentioned his fiancée, Zeng Yan's face froze for a moment, and then she showed that half-smile expression again, and asked You Ming: "When did you get engaged? Why didn't you even notify your old classmates?"

You Ming said lightly: "Some time ago, I didn't plan to make it public. I'll just come to drink a glass of wedding wine when I get married."

Zeng Yan saw his cold attitude, gritted her teeth, but still smiled and said: "Okay, I will definitely come when the time comes." After saying that, she glanced at Gu Yun and went out.

Gu Yun felt uncomfortable when she saw that she didn't care about him at all. And seeing her hostility towards him, it should be because of You Ming?

Gu Yun wanted to ask You Ming what his relationship with that woman was, but You Ming smiled and took her hand and sat on the chair. He hugged Gu Yun and buried his face in her arms. After a while, he said in a muffled voice: "Why are you here? Aren't you still at home?" His voice was slightly tired.

Seeing that he was so tired, she was too embarrassed to ask. Then she remembered the purpose of her visit. She handed him the lunch box in her hand and said, "Here, I made porridge for you because you were working overtime. I wanted to give you a surprise, so I came here early."

You Ming opened the lunch box. The porridge inside was still steaming. He remembered that Gu Yun was not good at cooking.

Gu Yun curled her lips and said, "Although I can't cook, I can still make porridge. I tasted it and it tastes good. You can eat it without worry."

You Ming's heart softened. How could he dislike something made by Gu Yun. He put the porridge on the table, held Gu Yun to sit on his lap, kissed her and said, "That's not what I meant." He smiled again, his eyes full of tiny lights, "I'm happy that you cook for me."

Gu Yun was satisfied, she smiled, reached out to hug his waist, raised her face and kissed him.

After the two kissed for a while, You Ming asked her, "Have you eaten?"

Gu Yun shook her head, not wanting to eat since getting off the car.

You Ming looked at her with a gentle look, he stroked the hair on her forehead and said, "Then eat with me."

Gu Yun didn't bring any extra tableware when she came, so the two of them used a spoon to finish the bowl of porridge, one spoonful after another.