14

Chapter 14 Approaching

Hearing Gu Shu and Gu Jianhua speak for her, Zhang Aihua was slightly moved.

Although her mother-in-law is difficult to get along with, at least the man loves her, and her father-in-law seems to be a reasonable person.

Besides, she and Gu Shu are both workers in the steel plant in the county. After marriage, they should be able to apply for a dormitory. In the future, the two of them will usually live in the dormitory and will not spend much time in their hometown. If they are far away, Li Meili's hand will not be able to reach that far.

Thinking of this, Zhang Aihua cheered up again.

Yesterday, Gu Shu got married, and Gu Yun took a day off to stay at home. Today, she should go to school. Gu Yun had insomnia last night, so she got up earlier today. After washing up, she waited at home for Liu Xiaoling to come and go to school with her.

Gu Yun's home is near the entrance of the village, closer to the curb. So Liu Xiaoling usually comes here to wait for Gu Yun.

Ten minutes later, Liu Xiaoling also came with her mother's cloth schoolbag. The two little girls walked to the school together as usual.

But this time when she passed the cowshed, she looked over there for a long time. I don't know what happened to the man living in it.

Gu Yun exhaled a breath of white air. In such a cold day, can his little hut still keep out the cold? Liu Hehua said that he has been in Hebian Village for four years, and he doesn't know how he has survived these four years.

Gu Yun shook her head, trying to get rid of this figure from her mind. She pulled Liu Xiaoling and walked quickly to school.

In the early winter afternoon, the sun shone warmly on people. At this time, students like Gu Yun who sat by the window were the happiest, and they could get the sun without leaving the classroom.

After these days of getting along, the relationship between Gu Yun and Li Xiangxiang has made great progress. Li Xiangxiang has become Gu Yun's only good friend besides Liu Xiaoling.

In the math class, the teacher was talking on the stage with saliva flying, but Gu Yun was basking in the warm sun below and listened absent-mindedly.

Li Xiangxiang saw that Gu Yun was not in a good state and was a little worried. She pulled her arm and asked softly: "Xiao Yun, what happened to you today? You were absent-minded during class."

Gu Yun came back to her senses and saw Li Xiangxiang's white and plump round face full of concern. Then she realized that she was still in class. She immediately comforted Li Xiangxiang and said: "It's okay, Xiangxiang. I was just thinking about something."

Li Xiangxiang saw that she was unwilling to say more and did not break the casserole to ask the bottom. She only reminded: "The teacher just looked at you a few times, be careful."

Gu Yun smiled and said, "Don't worry, I know everything the teacher said."

Li Xiangxiang had seen Gu Yun's grades in the past few months and trusted her very much. She didn't say much at the moment and turned around to continue listening to the class.

Gu Yun's mind was full of the man from last night, and she couldn't attend class properly. The slightly thin figure and the eyes hidden behind the long hair often appeared in front of her. Her heart was beating inexplicably.

There seemed to be an unknown force in him that attracted her. It attracted her to approach him, made her feel distressed, and wanted to be nice to him for no reason.

She thought, didn't Liu Hehua say that the rations given to the man in the village were moldy or infested with worms? Looking at his thin figure, he probably didn't eat well. Then she should send him some rice. Anyway, she still had a lot of rice in her space.