4

"Maisie."

I burrowed deep under the covers, trying to escape the encroaching daylight and the responsibilities it brought.

"Maisie, it's time to get up," Sebastian's voice called from the doorway, a hint of impatience in his tone.

I groaned, pulling the blankets tighter around me. "Five more minutes," I mumbled, my voice barely audible from beneath the layers.

"Maisie, come on," he persisted, stepping closer to the bed. "We have to get to the gym."

I barely stirred, my limbs refusing to cooperate. Sebastian let out a frustrated sigh and I could feel the bed shift as he sat down beside me. He gently but firmly shook my shoulder. "Maisie, you promised you'd spar with me today."

"Leave me alone," I muttered, trying to turn away from him and burrow deeper into the mattress.

"Maisie, enough," Sebastian's voice sharpened, a mix of concern and irritation. "What's going on? You're usually the one up at 5 am around here."

I groaned again, feeling the weight of his words pressing down on me. The comfort of the bed was a tempting refuge, but I knew he was right. Slowly, I pushed the covers down and peeked out, squinting against the morning light. "I don't want to," I admitted, my voice small and defeated.

Sebastian's eyes softened slightly, but his determination remained. "I get it, Maisie. I really do but you have to keep moving."

I sighed deeply, feeling the reluctance tugging at me. "Alright, alright. I'm up," I muttered, though my body still felt heavy with exhaustion.

Sebastian didn't wait for more protest. He stood up and offered his hand. I took it, allowing him to help me out of bed. My legs felt weak, and I stumbled slightly, but Sebastian's steady presence kept me upright.

"Cameron is making smoothies. That'll help you wake up," he said and headed out into the hallway. I got dressed in grey sweats and a loose black sweats, tying my hair up in a quick ponytail. When finished getting ready, I grabbed my phone and water bottle, heading to the kitchen.

"Hey, Sebastian and I are doing a job tonight," Cameron announced when he noticed me.

"Where and why?"

Sebastian snorted. "Okay mother."

I kicked his shin under the table. He yelped and narrowed his eyes. Cameron rolled his eyes. "We're meeting some potential clients with Jaime and Harley."

"That requires four of you?"

He sighed. "Yes, we have a small job before and it'll take four people."

"Where?"

"It's best if you don't know anything until it's done," he said, and I nodded, understanding. "Chance and Milo will be here tonight-"

"I don't need babysitting, Cam."

"We know that, Maisie," Sebastian said, chuckling, "but with you having a stalker, we won't take any chances."

I continued to protest, but they were adamant. We left fifteen minutes later, Sebastian driving to the gym.

The gym was buzzing with energy as we stepped inside, the familiar scent of sweat and rubber filling the air. I had insisted that sparring was one of the best ways to clear my mind. I glanced around, spotting Jaime near the ring. He caught my eye and waved me over with a grin.

"Hey Mase," my oldest brother said, slipping his arms around me in a hug. "You doing ok?"

"I am. How's Eden?"