13

I spent the next two days by myself, avoiding everyone. I felt numb and detached from the world around me. I closed myself off from the world and everyone in it. I knew it wasn't healthy but I didn't care.

My phone buzzed with a message from Evie, letting me know they just arrived back home. Evie and Noel went on a trip with Denver to Los Angeles the same night we left for Spain. They have been gone the entire time we'd been back. Noel promised to come over as soon as he got off the plane, texting he'd be here in the next hour.

I heard the front door slam and heard footsteps striding towards my room. Noel entered, his eyes widening slightly when he caught sight of me. "Pack your things," he said. "You're coming to stay with me."

"Noel, I -"

"I can't stand to see you like this, Princess. I understand people say things out of frustration but Cameron went too far ... fuck, you haven't been out of your room, have you?"

"Noel. I can't leave, they won't let me."

He sighed. "I hate seeing you like this ... but it is up to you. Do you want you stay or do you want to spend the next few nights at our apartment? It's up to you and I'll do whatever you want."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek. "I want you to go with you. I hate it here right now. I'll pack my things for a few nights." I began rushing around the room, throwing clothes and my hair brush and toothbrush in my backpack.

"Ready?" Noel asked once I had everything I needed.

"Ready."

We left my bedroom and skunked down the hallway, hoping to leave without anyone noticing- I'd call Sebastian to tell him where I went. We reached the hallway leading to the front door.

"Woah, hold on." Cameron came up behind us and moved to block the front door. "Maisie, you are not leaving. Noel, you're welcome to stay but Maisie is not leaving."

I shook my head, gripping my bag tighter. "I'm going to Noel and Evie's. Move, Cameron."

"No, if you step one foot outside this house, I will lock you in your room."

"Like a fucking prisoner? Yeah, that's not happening." Noel snarled and Cameron levelled a glare at him.

"Enough, Noel." My brother looked back at me, holding out his hand. "Give me your bag, Maisie."

I let out a bitter laugh. "No. I am leaving. You can't keep me here."

Cameron pinched the bridge of his nose. "You have a psychopath hellbent on finding you and hurting you. There is no fucking way I am letting you leave. You're staying here where I can keep you safe."

I could feel my tears welling up, but I refused to let them fall. "Safe?" I echoed, my voice trembling with anger and bitterness. "I am not safe here. I am not safe anywhere, anymore. I hate being here, around you, and now it feels like I'm some sort of ... of problem you have to manage!"

"Maisie, I'm sorry-"

"Stop it," I interrupted, my voice cracking. "Just stop. You don't get to say you care after everything you've said. I don't believe you anymore."

His face twisted with regret. "I am sorry, baby girl. I will regret what I said for the rest of my life. I didn't mean it but I understand you don't believe me. I will always love you and I want to protect -"

"I don't need your protection. I don't need you."

Cameron flinched as if I'd struck him, his eyes widening in shock and pain. "You are hurt and angry, and it's my fault. I accept that and will do anything to make it up do you, but not this. You are not leaving."