5

CAMERON

I adjusted my grip on the steering wheel, my knuckles whitening as I glanced over at Sebastian. The tension in the car was palpable, a silent agreement hanging between us. Tonight was a high-stakes job, and we both knew it. The streetlights flashed by, casting fleeting shadows across Sebastian's focused expression.

"Everything set?" I asked, breaking the silence.

Sebastian nodded, his gaze fixed on the road ahead. "Yeah. Harley and Jaime are already there, getting into position. We should be good to go."

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. The thought of what we were about to do sent a surge of adrenaline through my veins. Joseph Sterling, a name that had come to represent everything vile and corrupt in our world. The very thought of his crimes made my blood boil.

"We can't mess this up," I muttered, more to myself than to Sebastian. "We need to get in, get the evidence and money, and get out clean."

Sebastian's jaw tightened, his eyes flicking to me for a brief moment. "We will. Sterling deserves what's coming to him. And those girls... they deserve justice."

I nodded, my resolve hardening. "You're right. Let's do this."

We snapped on gloves and ski masks as we approached Sterling's estate. I could see the faint glow of lights from the mansion ahead. Harley and Jaime's vehicle were discreetly parked nearby, hidden from casual view. I pulled the car to a stop a safe distance away, and we both stepped out, the cool night air hitting us like a wall.

Harley appeared from the shadows, his face set in grim determination. "Jaime's inside, keeping an eye on Sterling. He's in his office, just like we planned."

We'd been watching him for weeks. He came home from the office between 4 - 4:30 pm, ate dinner with his wife and daughter at 5 pm, and in his office by 6 pm after kissing his daughter goodnight. His wife, Cecilia Sterling, worked night shifts as a nurse.

I nodded, glancing at Sebastian one last time before we moved in. The plan was simple but dangerous: get inside, secure the evidence of Sterling's human trafficking operations, and leave it for the police to find. It was a delicate balance of delivering justice without getting caught ourselves. And robbing the man blind. We would come out with a little over half a million dollars.

We approached the mansion with practiced stealth, slipping inside through a side entrance. The interior was lavish, a stark contrast to the darkness of Sterling's deeds. My heart pounded in my ears as we navigated the hallways, finally reaching the office where Jaime waited outside in the shadows.

Jaime gave a curt nod, signaling that Sterling was indeed there, oblivious to our presence. I could see the politician through the crack in the door, engrossed in his work, completely unaware of the chaos about to hit him.

Sebastian and Harley moved swiftly, securing Sterling with zip ties and ensuring he wouldn't be a threat. "You little fuckers," the bastard spit at Jaime. My brother responded by giving a nauseating blow to the man's head. "When I find out who you are, you're dead."

Jaime laughed, patting the man's shoulder.

"What's the code to your safe?" I asked, ignoring my brother and his taunting, and kneeling in front of Sterling.

He scoffed, his teeth bloodied. "Go fuck yourself."

"Stupid words for someone whose daughter is upstairs, sleeping."

His eyes widened a fraction. "Don't you lay a hand on her, you scum."

"Code to the safe," I repeated. He didn't say anything and I glanced over my shoulder at Sebastian, nodding. "Go grab little Fiona, see if her screams will make this man talk."