8

"I'm sorry, Eden."

She held her nose. "It's okay," she said, waving her hand dismissively. Isobel and Jaime stood by her side.

"Shit, Maisie," Jaime muttered, holding out a cloth for Eden. I felt my chest tighten, staring at the blood dripping from her nose.

"I'll go get some ice," someone spoke up, one of the men I didn't know. The blond-headed one. The others kept quiet, looking at anything else but me.

"Hey, Mase, it's okay," Eden murmured, batting Jaime away. She stepped forward, grasping my arm. "I shouldn't have snuck up behind you. Lesson learned."

"I am really sorry," I said again, staring at my hands. "I didn't mean to. I'm -"

"Please, you don't have to apologize," she whispered. "Though, it would make me feel better if I could hug you."

I let her put her arms around me. "I missed you, Eden," I whispered, hugging her tightly.

"I missed you more, baby," she said, sniffling and pulling back.

Cameron stepped towards me, but I didn't bother to catch his expression. "Uh, we'll probably go soon."

The man came back. "Here, Eddy," he said, passing the ice bag to her.

"Thanks, Chance."

He glanced at me as Cameron approached, Sebastian at his side. "Hi Maisie, I'm Chance," he said, sticking his hand out for me to shake it.

I shook it, giving him a once over. "Hello. Who are you, if I may ask?"

"He's a ... business partner?" Jaime said, and I didn't miss the glare Cameron shot him.

I snorted. "You sound unsure about that, J."

Cameron pinched the bridge of his nose, and Sebastian reached out and patted his shoulder.

Jaime gestured to the other man still standing around the table. "This is Milo," he said, and the dark-haired man smiled. "Eden, are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, babe. Go, and I'll see you at home."

"Okay, love you," he mumbled, kissing her lips.

"Get a room," I grumbled, and Eden smirked.

Sebastian chuckled behind me. "Please, don't act so innocent," he said, flicking my nose.

"Careful. I have no problem putting you on your ass," I sassed.

There was a collective oooh around the room.

Sebastian laughed, hooking an arm around my neck and pulled me into his side. "I'd like to see you try, baby."

I grinned, looking up at him. "Is that a challenge? Because I will -"

"Enough," Cameron said, sighing. "Both of you ... bunch of children, I swear." The last part was uttered under his breath as reached for his keys in his jeans pocket.

"Go grab your stuff, Maisie," Cameron said, "and we'll meet you in the lobby."

Sebastian gave me a gentle nudge towards the door. I looked over at Eden again. "I really-really am sorry, Eden," I said, and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll see you soon, baby."

With a nod, I headed down the hallway. Whatever they were hiding, I'd find out. One way or another, secrets don't last forever.

"Ashton," I called and walked into the office. "Cameron is ready to go."

He stood from the office chair. "Good. I'm starving. What happened? Why are you crying?" He asked, worried. I wiped a stray tear from my eye, unaware I had been crying.