Our relationship(II)

“What am I to you?”

What does Trigger mean to Mobius?

A friend?More than that,”her best friend” maybe is the correct answer. But Mobius can’t deny that she has feelings for him.

One shoulder to rely on,a save point that she would be able to cling onto,believing that if she got into trouble,Trigger would come and save her out,no matter what,since the first softie with him when they weren’t even arriving in Japan.

One that Mobius can trust so well,more than even herself,despite all of that clumsiness and childishness,never before did he fail to save her.A reliable person who always stays by her side,Mobius would use that sentence if someone told her to describe Trigger.

One that,definitely,if she excluded her parents,would be the closest person to her. Trigger is more than just her best friend.

That said,what is the word for the relationship between them?She truly does not know,but she has to answer that question now.No one to assist,no one is there except the questioner-Trigger and the one who has to answer-her.

“You…are…”

Mobius stops to clear her throat:

“I…no.Then what about you,what am I to you.”

Instead of answering,Mobius chooses to reverse the roles between the two.A method to scout his mood before continuing to say anything. That way not only could she lengthen the time to prepare,but as well as change it on her favor-

“I like you Ameri.”

“Huh?”

Out of her expectation, Trigger replied immediately, and with what Mobius did not prepare for:

“L…like?”-the female pilot began to panic-”Do you know what you said, James? It's not a word to say to a woman you are not in love with-”

“I know what I said,Ameri.You’re…special to me.”

Embarrassed,Trigger turns his head away, leaving Mobius in complete shock:

“You…aren’t serious, right?”-Mobius speaks disbelief, though both of her ears and cheeks had become red.

“I am”-Trigger replies-”You are very beautiful, gentle, talented,...  you are nice to me. And, most important of all, I believe that you always trust me, am I correct?”

Speechless, Mobius can only reply by nodding

“I haven't been trusted by anyone other than my parents before”- He continues-”Having somebody trust you is very hard, much less a person trusting you than even I trust myself. Yet, you still choose to rely on my shoulder, and I can’t thank you enough for that…I…I was comfortable knowing that someone is relying on me… that is why I value you more than anyone in our squadron, that is why….I like you.”

“You like me as a friend-”

“As a woman, Ameri. Don’t you see how much you mean to me?“

“...”

“Now...do you have the same feelings for me as I do for you?”

Cornered and flustered by her co-pilot, while Mobius tries to resolve the situation by saying something, she can’t get it out of her throat.

Suddenly, Trigger takes his right hand off the control panel and uses it to rub Mobius’s head, or at least, her helmet because she is wearing it.

“What are you doing?" Mobius asked.