You Can't Be Serious (Spencer Agnew)

Spencer's POV

I glanced over to Y/n's desk. I was finishing up my work for the day and wanted to check on her. She'd already shut down her computer and was scrolling on her phone. I grinned at the sight of how focused she was. Her stern-looking face was always so adorable. 

I closed my laptop and slipped it into my backpack. Most of the people in the office had already left. Only a few of us were left. My head turned when I heard Y/n speak. Damien was standing next to her desk, leaning against it with one arm. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but I watched Y/n start to smile and laugh at him. A wave of envy flushed over me. The heavy feeling in my chest grew. 

I tried to act unbothered as Damien walked away, waving her goodbye. 

"See you Monday, Spencer!" He flashed a smile at me as he left with his things. 

"See you," I attempted to sound as cheery as he did. It didn't come out right, but he didn't react. I placed a few more of my things in my bag. As I sat back up, I tilted my head upwards to see my beautiful girlfriend standing beside me. 

"Hey, you ready to go?" She smiled. My worries began to fade after looking at her smile. I loved her smile. 

"Yeah. You hungry?" 

"I could eat. Do you want to grab dinner or find something at home?"

"Let me take you to dinner." I stood from my desk chair and threw my bag over my shoulder. I grabbed her hand. "We haven't been out in a while. Plus, it's the weekend." 

"Sounds perfect, Spence. Let's get going." 

I held her hand as we walked out of the building side-by-side. The sun was beginning to set, leaving mixed colors of orange, purple, and pink in the sky. After reaching my car, I held her door open for her and let her get in. I went around to my side, tossing my bag into the backseat and sitting down in the driver's seat. I started the car and turned on some near-silent music for the car ride. 

"Where are we going?" She asked. She turned towards me with an excited look on her face. 

"I was thinking of that little Mexican restaurant that's close to our place. Would that be alright with you?" 

"Of course, I love that place." She shifted back in her seat, looking out of her window. 

The thoughts of Damien rushed back into my mind. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, trying not to let my jealousy take over. It was killing me. The visions of him and her hanging out together replayed in my mind. Times when I saw the two together or making each other laugh played over and over. I clench my jaw and swallow, trying to calm myself down from the building anger. 

"Hey, you alright? You look tense," Y/n commented. She placed a hand on my thigh. Her touch helped to calm my stress. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I sighed. "Just thinking about something from work is all." I shrugged, trying to make it seem as if nothing was wrong. 

"Well, you can forget about it for now. Our weekend has started and we have time to ourselves now." She patted my leg and gave it a small rub before taking her hand back. 

"I know. You're right." I gave her a small grin. I tried to keep focusing on what she said, but the images returned. Seeing her laugh on set and putting her hand on Damien's shoulder, watching them work so well on Board AF, and witnessing their chemistry was killing me inside. My knuckles began to turn white from my grip on the wheel. I couldn't understand why I was getting so upset. Y/n was with me and Damien was with Saige. I knew Y/n loved me and she and Damien were close friends. 

Y/n's POV

I looked back at Spencer. I scanned over his tensing body, noticing his white knuckles on the wheel and his awkward shifting in his seat. I stayed silent until we arrived at the parking lot. He started to unbuckle himself and turn off the car. 

"Wait a minute," I coughed. He stopped moving and stared at me. 

"What's up?" 

"I know something else is bothering you, Spencer. We've been together for over, what, two years now? I can tell when you're upset." I crossed my arms and waited for his response. He exhaled loudly and relaxed into his seat. He lay his head back and blinked as he stared at the ceiling. 

"You're going to think it's stupid," he mumbled. I chuckled at him. 

"Just tell me, Spence. I hate seeing you worked up." I placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"I-I've just been, I don't know. Something about seeing you with Damien has been bothering me lately." He brought his hand to his face and rubbed his eyes under his glasses. 

"What are you talking about?" I started to get worried that Damien told Spencer about why we've been together so much lately. For the last month or so, Damien's been my makeshift therapist. I've been getting anxious about my relationship with Spencer. I figured that he would've proposed by now, but it seemed as if it was never going to happen. I'd been terrified to talk to Spencer about it, so I'd been talking to Damien for advice and reassurance. 

"I mean, like, I see you and him together, laughing and doing things together. Seeing that makes me wish you were doing it with me instead." 

"Are- are you jealous?" I smirked a bit at him, becoming amused. I was also relieved at knowing he was jealous, meaning he wanted me. He scoffed. 

"I don't know, I guess. I feel like you've wanted to be around him instead of me." He continued to stare at the roof of the car. I chuckled. I felt much better knowing about his jealousy and felt like it was time to share my thoughts with him. 

"Do you want to know why I've been talking to him more?" I chimed in. Spencer turned his head to look at me. 

"Why?" He pleaded. I sighed and rolled my eyes. 

"I've been talking to Damien recently because I've been worried about me and you," I shared. "I've been worrying that you're starting to lose feelings because you haven't...um," I hesitated, immediately getting nervous to share the rest of my last thought. "You haven't proposed to me," I mumbled. I felt him shift in his seat. When I looked back at him, his entire body was turned towards me. He looked stunned. 

"Seriously?" He asked. 

"Yeah," I groaned. 

"You want to get married?" He leaned closer to me, anticipating my answer. 

"Well, yeah, of course I do. We've been together for a while now and I feel like you're the one." I fidgeted with my fingers, avoiding eye contact. Spencer laughed and ran his hand through his hair. 

"Oh my god, I'm such an idiot," he laughed. Hearing him say that made me crack a smile. 

"Yeah, you are." 

He smiled back at me. He reached over the console and cupped my cheek as he kissed me. 

"I love you so much, Y/n. I'm sorry for being so jealous. I'm an idiot." 

"I love you too, dummy. Sorry for not telling you sooner." 

"Don't be." He let out a relieved sigh. "I'm buying a ring this week." My eyes widened at his statement. I didn't know what to say. He smirked at me. "Don't get too excited," he chuckled. "I'll keep you on your toes for a while."